I made Odom proud!

StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
I took the CCNA today and passed with a 961!

Planning and Designing 100%
Implementation and Operation 91%
Troubleshooting 94%
Technology 91%

I used Cisco Press and Sybex as texts and Test CCNA CBT's. I also had a CCNA based class and a CCSP based class so I was fairly familiar with the IOS CLI. Besides the classes I took, I studied for 4 months doing something CCNA related practically every day whether it be a page out of a book or a practice test. This forum was a big help, especially with wildcards and VLSM. Thanks to NightShade1, NeonNoodle and dtlokee for those explanations. They really helped me!

It was challenging, but I was very confident after I got half way through the test. Knowing subnetting is a must. I didn't necessarily have it down in my head, but I had a quick method that I kinda threw together that really worked for me. I was so worried about the marker erase board before the test. Luckily they gave me two of them and the marker was a pen marker. Yes, this actually was one of my biggest fears because I just imagined myself fumbling with a giant marker. I finished with 20 minutes left so I felt that I was given enough time. Really I just read and read and read until I absorbed as much as I could. It paid off! Off to CCNP!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!!!! Anyhting can be accomplished if you try hard enough!!!!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    congratulations. did u use any equipment for ur studies?
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Nicely done, Stotic... see you on the CCNP board.

Oh, btw... Odom? Lamar Odom of the Lakers? William Odom (3-star general, head of the NSA)?
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats...icon_thumright.gif
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats! :)
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    mikearama wrote:
    Nicely done, Stotic... see you on the CCNP board.

Oh, btw... Odom? Lamar Odom of the Lakers? William Odom (3-star general, head of the NSA)?

I'm sure all three were weeping at the news as well.

I used a bunch of routers and switches in labs I did in my Cisco classes.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Stotic wrote:
    I used Cisco Press and Sybex as texts and Test CCNA CBT's.

Stotic, how do you feel the test out material served you im nearly finished with that just wondering your thoughts on it.
  • StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    I thought Testout was pretty well done. I liked the practice tests that it used. While the sims weren't the best, they helped with learning how to troubleshoot and whatnot.
  • jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Congrats on the pass! Your hard work payed off and it shows. :D
  • TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Congratulations
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4