MCDST UPGRADE EXAMS

tallicaman99tallicaman99 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is anyone considering taking the MCDST upgrade exam from Microsoft - exam#70-261? I'm can't seem to find any books on this exam. Could someone recommend a few? Here is the link from MS:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-621.mspx

The exam upgrade is 40% off until 9/30!
barmetallicafanjb1.jpg

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just took this exam a week or so ago. It is not all that difficult. The first half of the exam covers 620 and the second half which is smaller covers 622. You can use study materials from those exams and you should be ok.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    sthomas wrote:
    I just took this exam a week or so ago. It is not all that difficult. The first half of the exam covers 620 and the second half which is smaller covers 622. You can use study materials from those exams and you should be ok.

Thanks alot sthomas for this info. I am taking that route once I can get around to taking 70-272.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I did the 621 exam while it was in beta and just scraped thru, imo, it's a tough by fair exam (based on the questions I got anyway). Like it's been said use the material for the 70-620 and the 70-622 and that will assist you lots.

The stuff I used was as follows:
    1. Microsoft Windows Vista Unveiled
    2. Introducing Windows Vista (Introducing) and
    3. Windows Vista for Dummies: Special Preview Edition
    4. O'Reilly's Windows Vista in a Nutshell
    5. CBTNuggets: Vista First Look
    6. the elearning clinics from MS when they were offering them
    7. Windows Vista Technical Library from here.
    8. Plus using Vista since beta 3 in a live corporate environment (as well as in a home environment).

MS states "The Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician is a premier certification that highlights your area of expertise and validates the knowledge and skills required to deploy and support the Windows Vista operating system. If you have the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician credential, you have expertise in deploying Windows Vista, managing security, and troubleshooting network issues, and you have three years of experience as a tier 2 or lead desktop support technician."

I'm not trying to put you off, I just want you to know that the MCITP: EST is harder than the MCDST. Good luck when you do the exam :)

-Ken