exchange 2k3 how to question

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
I know I can great a distribution group and add in all my users to a group call All staff so we cna send out and email to

allstaff@mydomain.com and everyone receives it

but I was thinking there might be away to do this so that when a user is added to Ad it will auto populate

in my case I can't add the everyone or domain users group to the all staff group because only certain divisions of the company are on exchange

anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this and keep the maintenance to a minimum

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Create a new user template, like Joe Blow or _NewGuy, and make it a member of that group. Instead of doing a New User for new accounts, copy the Joe Blow user. It will walk you through the new name and password, etc. when you copy it. Keep the template account disabled.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can also create a Query-based distribution group, and make your query for every user in AD that has a mailbox. This group would be dynamic and would automatically update itself when you create mailbox enabled users.

That would be the official, Microsoft answer should you ever see this on an exam :)
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Create a new user template, like Joe Blow or _NewGuy, and make it a member of that group. Instead of doing a New User for new accounts, copy the Joe Blow user. It will walk you through the new name and password, etc. when you copy it. Keep the template account disabled.

that is what I was plaining of doing if needed
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    blargoe wrote:
    You can also create a Query-based distribution group, and make your query for every user in AD that has a mailbox. This group would be dynamic and would automatically update itself when you create mailbox enabled users.

That would be the official, Microsoft answer should you ever see this on an exam :)

Thnaks

I'll be implementing this Tuesday.... aww long weekend's are great