I passed

rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
My score was 622 and I only studied for 3 weeks without any computer experience but I do have 5 years telephones experience. I'm not sure what cert I will try for next time around. I want to go into the security side of things. I'm suppose to meet with an employee at the local computer training center to map out a game plan. I will graduate from college in May with a MIS degree.
B.S. Management Information Systems
MCSA: Security W.I.P.

Comments

• matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Awesome work! Best of luck on your degree. Also, I suggest looking towards Security+ if you want to get into the Security side of things.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • THE COMPUTER WIZZTHE COMPUTER WIZZ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats i have mys on the 17th of next month
    A+(2003) CORE 863 OS 900
    N+ NEXT
  • justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, nice job!
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Well done!
    Being from the Telco world, how much of the materials did you already know? For me, troubleshooting was the area I knew my work experience really helped.

What's your next step? Again, congratulations! :):)
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

Dont forget to add you cert to the list in your profile ;)
    <b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
    WIP: Network+
    Next: CCNA
  • rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would have to say that I found two of the areas of the exam easy for me and they were Media and Topologies, and Network Support. I struggled with Protocols and Standards. I have a feeling that I did take the wrong exam first to go Microsoft route. I will be meeting with the President of the local training center to map out a game plan as which route he thinks I should take to achieve my goals in network security. My goal is to end up as a CIO of a Fortune 500 company. I'm majoring in MIS and might work my way through graduate school or just take a break and work full-time. I believe that you must have a drive and ambition to make things worth your wild in life.
    B.S. Management Information Systems
    MCSA: Security W.I.P.
  • denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□