70-293
70-294
70-297
70-298
need your input :)

Comments

• SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    too difficult to say

it really depends on your experience and how much time you will realistically put in

you can probably do and exam every 2 months if you have experience behind you

but I do know people who have booked the exam for monday and started reading the book the Friday before spent the weekend reading and passed but they had 10 years of experience.
  • bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    Smallguy wrote:
    too difficult to say

it really depends on your experience and how much time you will realistically put in

but I do know people who have booked the exam for monday and started reading the book the Friday before spent the weekend reading and passed but they had 10 years of experience.

Good Luck, the daily grind of studying and going through all the practice exams is not feasible in 18 mo's with out a test king or something equivalent to help you pass. But if you do that WTF does it mean to have the MCSE for. The MCSE is geared around you atleast having four years of experience. These certifications mean that you know your stuff and should have a good idea of what it takes to be an "engineer". Its unfortanate that our market is already saturated with tons of people like yourself that will probably obtain an MCSE and not no dick about anything.

Sincerely disgusted.

Bjaxx
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • TeslTesl Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bjaxx wrote:
    Smallguy wrote:
    too difficult to say

Good Luck, the daily grind of studying and going through all the practice exams is not feasible in 18 mo's with out a xxx"****"xxx or something equivalent to help you pass. But if you do that WTF does it mean to have the MCSE for. The MCSE is geared around you atleast having four years of experience. These certifications mean that you know your stuff and should have a good idea of what it takes to be an "engineer". Its unfortanate that our market is already saturated with tons of people like yourself that will probably obtain an MCSE and not no dick about anything.

Sincerely disgusted.

Bjaxx

WTF is with this post? Where did he mention anything about using ****?
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    WTF is with this post? Where did he mention anything about using ****?

Someone just got owned.
    Missed_The_Garage_Owned.jpg
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Hey you never know this guy might be an expert with tons of experience and just never did the certs. You souldn't jump to conclusions about people you know nothing about.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd say 18 months is possible if you work at it. I'd even say it is possible for a person who never touched XP or 2003 server. 1 - 2 months on average for each test would only put him at about a year. Just note that this isn't a easy task to complete.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've taken my 70-270 back in May 24th then after that took 70-290 in July 4th I passed both of them with 90% score, this is achieved with tons of studying almost 3 - 5 hours each day, I've been dealing with computers since I was in my 1st year high school, MCSE certs is serious business, I'm currently studying 70-291 and I find this exam a bit huge and difficult so I gave myself a good 2 months, with a good work experience, dedication and the right study material, MCSE is achievable in 8 months to a year.

But again it all boils down to your background.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bjaxx wrote:

Good Luck, the daily grind of studying and going through all the practice exams is not feasible in 18 mo's with out a xxx"****"xxx or something equivalent to help you pass. But if you do that WTF does it mean to have the MCSE for. The MCSE is geared around you atleast having four years of experience. These certifications mean that you know your stuff and should have a good idea of what it takes to be an "engineer". Its unfortanate that our market is already saturated with tons of people like yourself that will probably obtain an MCSE and not no dick about anything.

Sincerely disgusted.

Bjaxx

Wow. Highly concentrated ignorance. Just because it takes YOU longer doesn't mean someone else has to **** to do it faster. As already mentioned some folks have enough experience that studying for the exam is little more than revision, others are just that smart...live with and don't make random accusations. I spent about 6 months or so on the MCSE: Security, no **** and working full time - maybe I just had 11 years existing experience before picking up a cert. book, of course mebbe I am that smart ;) ...nah... it's easier to say I must have cheated...icon_rolleyes.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    Just because it takes YOU longer doesn't mean someone else has to **** to do it faster. As already mentioned some folks have enough experience that studying for the exam is little more than revision, others are just that smart...live with and don't make random accusations

yeap i agree with that, the test aren't really if you study, some people take a year for the A+, some just take a month, the direfence is acttitud and dedication, u want to be like the rest waste your time if u want to be like the few get on the books, cuz to me that sounds more like an xcuse not to have xperiance...so it is posible probably even less than 18 months, dont listen to discorage postings, people is always gonna tell you, you cant beacuse the couldnt lol
    so shake the haters off
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    bjaxx wrote:
    Smallguy wrote:
    too difficult to say

Sincerely disgusted.

Bjaxx
    failboat.jpg
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    like i said those test aren't hard just study...you will pass...dont linten to the dumb people
    Its unfortanate that our market is already saturated with tons of people like yourself that will probably obtain an MCSE and not no dick about anything.

well actually the market is already saturated with pathetic people like you...
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    On one hand, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

On the other hand, some people just test well and could do it with hard studying. Unfortunately for them it isn't going to pay off as much as they think if they've never actually worked on the level on which they are being tested, at least not in the short run.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well bsm2, what kind of experience do you have???
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • bsm2bsm2 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    have 30 years infield repairing copier,fax and printers. last 5years connection MFP to networks of all types. Studying for my network+ exam, just completed the new Comptia PDI beta cert exam.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    bsm2 wrote:
    How long to take all the following Mcse exams
    70-270 windows xp
    70-290
    70-291
    70-293
    70-294
    70-297
    70-298
    need your input :)

Completely possible, I know I can do one a month (maybe less than a month) if I get on it. When I first read your post I was thinking 18 months sounds like a long time. If you have experience in the areas you are studying, it can easily be done.
  • empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    we have sent people to school TAD(military lingo for goign to school during working hours) and paid for others to go at night. We had the night people finising up MCSE's in 9-10 months while working full time, going to college 2 nights a week. and we had the people going during the day not working finishing up in 4-5 months. So its deff possible to finish all those in way less time then you listed.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm pretty sure by now he realizes this, so let's keep moving forward :)

my 2 cents :)
  • mrjmrj Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will commit seppuku if it takes me anywhere near 18 months to finish my MCSE.

Course, I have several years of Sys/Net Admin experience.

But I do wholly loathe AD. icon_redface.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I think it's perfectly reasonable to set a goal of about eighteen months to pass your MCSE exams legitametly. Some people can move through the tests as quickly as one per month, others take two or three. Of course, it also depends on the exam and your own personal strengths and weaknesses. Quite frankly, I'd find it a little strange that someone couldn't pass the exams in under 18 months if they were studying regularly and getting lots of hands-on experience. Even with a full-time job, you'd have to have a pretty full schedule or a very low retention-rate if it takes you longer, and you're really spending the time at it.

My estimate, even with a full-time school or work schedule: someone who spends a month or two and becomes MCSE, that's pretty suspicious. Six to eight months, it's either a dumper or someone who actually works with Windows Server on a regular basis. If you're spending between a year to two years, you're probably starting from A+/Net+, or even as an enthusiastic novice.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Short of buying the answers off of someone else its not possible to ****. You could come up with some sort of crazy scooby doo idea to **** but it probably would not work anyway.

These tests are not easy. If people pass them it is because they understand the material on the exam. They may not have umpteen years of experience.

It is called STUDY. Pick up a book, build a lab, and study.

Its just plain rude to call people cheaters, experienced or not!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    druid318 wrote:
    Short of buying the answers off of someone else its not possible to ****.
    Yet that's exactly what people do. Except it's big business, and not Mikey selling the stuff in the alley. People pay for and use ****, which are the actual questions and answers. As one member says in his signature; "**** are for chumps".
    druid318 wrote:
    These tests are not easy.
    Correct.
    druid318 wrote:
    If people pass them it is because they understand the material on the exam.
    Not always. That would be ideal if they did though.
    druid318 wrote:
    Its just plain rude to call people cheaters, experienced or not!
    That's true. I assume you are referring to bjaxx post? I would hope by now he got the message.

MCSE is entirely possible in 18 months.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    druid318 wrote:
    Short of buying the answers off of someone else its not possible to ****.
    Yet that's exactly what people do. Except it's big business, and not Mikey selling the stuff in the alley. People pay for and use ****, which are the actual questions and answers. As one member says in his signature; "**** are for chumps".

who says that?.... icon_wink.gif

Weather you think brain **** are helpful or not, its still cheating...

like sprkymrk said they are actual questions from the actual test. Weather they are old, new, used, not used, or about to be used, purchased from a business, or purchased from some guy named Steve, it violates the NDA you click "I agree" to before you take the exam.

If you have the experience, I dont see why you couldnt get the MCSE in 18 months. Hell, Im probably going to finish my MCSA in 12, which leaves 8 months to complete 3 more exams for MCSE (personally I wouldnt rush it though). Now obviously it depends on the person, but I can see it happening.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    I think even if you just busted your hump reading books and really set up some nice labs it might be possible. I'm not that far into my exams though. :) Working alot more slowly than I had hoped when starting all this.

I took classes and it really irks me when people say that those of us with no work experience can't possbly know the material. :)

Everyone needs a place to start, you know what I mean.
    druid318 wrote:
    I think even if you just busted your hump reading books and really set up some nice labs it might be possible. I'm not that far into my exams though. :) Working alot more slowly than I had hoped when starting all this.

I took classes and it really irks me when people say that those of us with no work experience can't possbly know the material. :)

Slow and steady is better than fast and forget! :)

People with no experience can know the material just fine. Experience is best, but I know people with years of experience that can't ever seem to "get it". So don't be discouraged by the nay-sayers. The time will come when you will get to prove yourself, and then they'll shut up. icon_cool.gif
    sprkymrk wrote:
    druid318 wrote:

Slow and steady is better than fast and forget! :)

People with no experience can know the material just fine. Experience is best, but I know people with years of experience that can't ever seem to "get it". So don't be discouraged by the nay-sayers. The time will come when you will get to prove yourself, and then they'll shut up. icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the encouragement. I have a call center job now, so I will have experience on paper now. I just don't want to see anyone discouraged about changing careers or bettering themselves.

I am working towards my MCSA right now, might eventualy go for the MCSE I think though. No big hurry on my part. The higher end certs don't do much good with no experienc to back it up anyway.
    snadam wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:
    As one member says in his signature; "**** are for chumps".

It's that guy with the 30 gallon hat. If you see him, tell him I said "howdy". :D
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:
    As one member says in his signature; "**** are for chumps".

It's that guy with the 30 gallon hat. If you see him, tell him I said "howdy". :D

Ill let him know... icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security