Advise Needed

Tecknotronics AustraliaTecknotronics Australia Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, after reading a few topics in this forum which has lead me to some confusion. Few months ago i had bought the MCP book by ms but then few weeks ago my neighbor had who i often talked to came up with the topic about my studies. I told him i am going for the MCP since he is a IT Manager at aero British space he said i should start off with the MSCDT but since going for the mscdt i still obtain mcp status so whats the difference between the two.

Thanks Richard

Comments

• IllusionkingIllusionking Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey, after reading a few topics in this forum which has lead me to some confusion. Few months ago i had bought the MCP book by ms but then few weeks ago my neighbor had who i often talked to came up with the topic about my studies. I told him i am going for the MCP since he is a IT Manager at aero British space he said i should start off with the MSCDT but since going for the mscdt i still obtain mcp status so whats the difference between the two.

Thanks Richard

Well, MCP is basically any test that you pass that MS offers. MSCDT is certified desktop technician. If you were to just focus on xp for MSCDT (2 tests) you're going to end up with MCP regardless.

Which book did you pick up?
    MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    Done: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70,293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299,
    A.S. Electronic Engineering
    A.S. CIS
    A.S. Social/Behavioral Sciences
    Studying
    CCNA
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What exam does the MCP book cover?

It is possible that he didn't know that you will get the MCP after taking one of the MCDST exams.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Tecknotronics AustraliaTecknotronics Australia Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cheers for the replies, ajs1976 i did know i receive the MCP status after completing MSCDT so guys the book is: "MCSA/MCSE Exam 70-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional. Self-Paced Training Kit."