Passed 70-272... Now MCDST

jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
Well, I finally was able to get back to the testing center (without car problems this time) although I was a little nervous as the testing engine had problems and it appeared it was thinking that I was already currently taking the exam when in fact I had just arrived. Worked out the issues and was able to start the exam...

I passed the exam with a much higher score than I thought as I thought this would be the tougher exam out of the 2. I guess experience really does help :)

Anyway, here's what I recommend you brush up on before taking the exam:
- Office (Toolbars, Macros settings, Templates, Repairing corrupt Office Installations or missing files)
- Outlook and Outlook Express (How to import and export files, .pst, .dbx, setting up email accounts)
- Remote Desktop (How to enable it, troubleshoot it, not too much to know here as it's pretty basic)
- Windows Firewall and Security Center (Know the name of the logfile, how to configure Windows Firewall and most importantly how to configure it for Remote Desktop)
- Internet Explorer (Pretty Much know the Internet Options page good)
- Troubleshooting Virus Protection (Again pretty basic... Just make sure defs are up to date)
- DNS (Know when you are having a DNS issue)
- USB devices and IRDA (again, not much to be said as it's pretty obvious how to troubleshoot)

Pretty straight forward exam if you know the material. The questions are not super hard and will be obvious if you know the material.

Comments

• kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    Congrats bowing.gif
    What about your score ?
  • jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Forgot about that icon_lol.gif

70-271: 899 - I thought I would do much better than that on this exam because I felt it to be the easiest.

70-272: 918 icon_eek.gif - I was shocked when I seen this score on the screen at the end of the exam. I was expecting high 700s - low 800s as I was not at all confident going into this exam due to the Office and Outlook stuff.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats mate :)

-Ken
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Congrats. Great scores. :)
    ~Thiassi
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good stuff :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • fileman40fileman40 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the test tips, am prepping now so good to know what came up.
    Well done and cheers.
  • K.christianK.christian Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice scored. congrat. what material did u use for 272, Actual test or **** & which version?
    Today i pass my exam with scored 983 points. Exam code 70-271 MCP. Booked for 70-272.