Passed

jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums and I thought I would make it a good one. I registered for this site about three days before I took the exam and found the tech notes and really liked the vibe of the whole place. I passed the Network+ test today with a 680, which is exactly where I wanted to be. This website is such a gift to people trying to break into the IT field and even though I found the site about three days ago, I attribute about 35 percent of my passing to the tech notes and the advice from people on this forum. I'm already recommending it to all of my IT friends and I'm going to continue using it for my next certification track, which will probably be a combination of Linux+ and CCNA. On to the test.

1. First of all, please do not cram for this test. I studied for three months and took practice test after practice test and took the cert on my own terms. You will not pass if you cram for a week. This is a very broad range of information that can only be learned through practice.

2. I used Sybex Network+ All in One toolkit. The primary study guide was excellent, but the Network+ fast pass was a boon to me. I would carry it everywhere because it was portable and open it to a few pages and read at my leisure. Definitely recommend those to anyone who is considering it.

3. A lot of the questions are designed to trick you, so you should really know how to take tests in general. Most of the questions I found the absolute wrong answers first. Every question on the test I was able to have a choice between no more than two that I thought were the right answers. You have a ton of time to take the test, so read through everything.

Anyway, this site is awesome, please keep up the good work. If you would like to know anything else please don't hesitate to ask. I only hope that I could give to someone else as much as this site has given, and is going to give, to me.

Comments

• dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Network+ and welcome to the forums!!! I agree with you that this is an excellent site. What cert do you plan to do next?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!.....and, Welcome to the forums!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549

1. First of all, please do not cram for this test. I studied for three months and took practice test after practice test and took the cert on my own terms. You will not pass if you cram for a week. This is a very broad range of information that can only be learned through practice.

2. I used Sybex Network+ All in One toolkit. The primary study guide was excellent, but the Network+ fast pass was a boon to me. I would carry it everywhere because it was portable and open it to a few pages and read at my leisure. Definitely recommend those to anyone who is considering it.

3. A lot of the questions are designed to trick you, so you should really know how to take tests in general. Most of the questions I found the absolute wrong answers first. Every question on the test I was able to have a choice between no more than two that I thought were the right answers. You have a ton of time to take the test, so read through everything.

Anyway, this site is awesome, please keep up the good work. If you would like to know anything else please don't hesitate to ask. I only hope that I could give to someone else as much as this site has given, and is going to give, to me.
    First, congratulations! :D

I must agree with your points. Some people look down on this certification. This is not an easy certification as it requires you to have vast background. You also have to be able to subnet with CIDR or classful routing.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    I plan on taking CCNA, but I'm going to take a month off. I've just now gotten over writer's cramp from all the flashcards. My father thinks I should get Linux+ so I might try it. I've had very little exposure to anything besides Windows so I'm kind of interested in that. I had a few questions on subnetting, but none of them on CIDR.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Definitely a good first post! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well done and welcome