CheckPoint experience

I have the opportunity to work with CheckPoint and I'm wondering how valuable it's in the industry/workplace. Once I know the answer, I can decide how deep I want to learn about it.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think they have the largest market share of firewall products across the board. Something like 40%.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Learn as much as you can and do the checkpoint certificaiton in the same time. It will help you in long term.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • buulambuulam Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I think they have the largest market share of firewall products across the board. Something like 40%.

And Checkpoint secures 100% of the Forune 100.

I believe around #76 on that list is Cisco :D
    Currently working on:
    CCNP (BCMSN, ONT, ISCW completed)
    HP ASE ProCurve Networking (BPRAN, Security completed)
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I remember when checkpoint became a huge thing a few years back, its now grown into a very nice security globe. Yip, look at taking some bootcamp courses and get some books, will be very beneficial.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    binarysoul wrote:
    I have the opportunity to work with CheckPoint
    Work at CheckPoint or just work with their support people and technology? They do all their work out of offices in Israel and Belarus, and their sales team is in Dallas (which seems to be the hot place for high-tech sales in the USA). I looked into getting a tech job with CP myself, but the commute from Southern California is a killer! ;)
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Oppps!!!! when I said I had the opportunity to work with CheckPoint, I was refering to CheckPoint as a technology not as a company :)

Our company is going through some 'restructuring' and since we will manage Nokia boxes, I have to learn it. Last week I had a chance to work on a production unit and it's awesome. I belive I like security in general.

I assume PIX is the competition to CheckPoint and it recently bought ZoneLabs. So they are getting bigger. How big is PIX's market share? Anybody knows?
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Checkpoint is classed as an "industry standard" technology for VPN/security......any experience you can get with it snap their hand off to get it and if you get a CCSA you will have offers a plenty - believe! icon_cool.gif
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't know the market share data, but I see more Netscreen than PIX. Not sure about any actual numbers to back that up though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco across the board has the highest market sales $$- but that includes PIX, ASA, and other units. As a software firewall, netscreen is huge in the industry - there are more netscreen firewalls protecting networks than any other single brand/version of firewall, far more than PIX. But PIX/Cisco in general is tremendously popular and great products. You can't go wrong getting experience on Netscreen or Pix.
    All things are possible, only believe.