Options

MCP Member Site

NERVNERV Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I just got my score posted and everything seems to be ok.
I tried to access the MCP member site and login in, But it keeps asking for a vendor registration ID. Does anyone know anything about this?
From my testing center I got a print out and have been trying to use me
Registration ID and also my candidate ID. Which one of these if either of them at all do I use for an ID for this site?
________
NERV
________

Comments

• Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Just Wait for the MCP site to reply to you by e-mail regarding your login name and password......they will send this maybe 2 to 3 working days after you pass the examination....

Though, Congrats for the pass!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thank you very much for this information as I was really left in the air by my counselor about what happens next! So is there a seperate site when I finally make msca and mcse?
    ________
    NERV
    ________
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Sadly not..same site
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    lol..That's funny and sad at the same time.
    But It sure does help with keeping everything in one place if you look at it that way! I would rather have just 1 site where everything related to my certification is kept.

BTW, How long are MS certs valid for?
    I am hearing 3 years then you have to renew. Once you renew, do you need to take all the exams again to recertify or just a few particular ones?
    ________
    NERV
    ________
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    M$ certs don't expire. However, exams are retired. For example Windows NT exams have been retired, but the certs that folks earned in Windows NT are still valid and always will be.

When a series of certs are retired, M$ will generally offer an upgrade exam to the new cert for the new OS. Presently you can get MCSA/MCSE in W2k and then upgrade to Windows a 2003 Server certification but you can also just follow a W2003 Server exam track.

Check 'em out here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

Hope this answers your question.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    It answered my questions perfectly! Thank you for your time invested in my question janmike~
    ________
    NERV
    ________