Lab Price Increase?

damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
The price of the lab is now $1400, according to the scheduling site.

The CCIE page still shows $1250, but when you attempt to pay for a booked date, the charge clearly shows 1400.

Has this always been the case? Am I missing something?

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It was just raised on September 7th. I guess they didn't listen to me when I filled out their survey and said a fair price was $500, and $750 was too much icon_wink.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You have got to be kidding? Boy I better keep that money in the CD or no load mutual fund, because if the average to pass is about 3-4 attempts, you are talking about a pretty serious but worthwhile investment.

Anyone know what the MCA Microsoft Certified Architect practical/lab costs, just out of curiosity?
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

New Prices for Cisco Certification Exams
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26760

On the 8th I did find the CCIE exam pages updated with the new prices -- originally I just checked the Lab Schedule payment link and they were collecting $1400.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/exam/
    Cost of Written Exam

Pearson VUE, Cisco's primary test delivery partner offers written exams for $315 USD each, and beta exams, when available at a discounted price of $50 USD. Costs may vary due to exchange rates and local taxes (VAT in Brussels and GST in Sydney).

Cost of Lab Exam

Lab exams cost $1,400 USD each, not including travel and lodging. Costs may vary due to exchange rates and local taxes (VAT in Brussels and GST in Sydney). You are responsible for any fees your financial institution may charge to complete the payment transaction.

dtlokee wrote:
    I guess they didn't listen to me when I filled out their survey and said a fair price was $500, and $750 was too much icon_wink.gif

Oops -- I said $1500 was okay icon_eek.gif My bad.

I figured if they raised the price it would keep out the riff-raff and leave more openings in the lab schedule for me. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Ok, now we know the culprit. The price increase is all Mike's fault! :)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

lol

i wonder if i'd already entered my cc info, would they have honored the 1250? maybe thats why they didn't do a widespread "warning" announcement, or everyone would have done so!

i just took a pro level exam today with a voucher, and my receipt said 150.00

icon_confused.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    i wonder if i'd already entered my cc info, would they have honored the 1250?
    They don't process payments until 28 days before -- so I'd guess the people taking the lab through the first week of October got in for $1250 (me me me). But any lab booked and processed for payment after the Sept 7th date would probably be at the new rate.... so there may be some people paying this week that could get a $150 surprise.

I guess I should keep an eye open for an extra Cisco charge.... and maybe make sure I have $150 in my pocket when I show up at the lab, just in case. icon_lol.gif

I guess they didn't announce it in advance since someone could book and pay for all their exams for the year now to beat the increase -- then keep rescheduling them out of the current 6 or 8 week booking window (out to a year I think).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yep, they want that money!
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:

I guess I should keep an eye open for an extra Cisco charge.... and maybe make sure I have $150 in my pocket when I show up at the lab, just in case. icon_lol.gif

slip it to the proctor icon_wink.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    ^ haha he probably makes more than that during his lunch break :P

Even though it is a hike in price, I guess it is nothing in comparison of the total cost to get your CCIE, between Lab time/equipment, study material, travel costs, etc. etc., $200 is peanuts! (probably why they did it)
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITdude wrote:
    Anyone know what the MCA Microsoft Certified Architect practical/lab costs, just out of curiosity?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/architect/archapp/default.mspx

$10,000
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Ouch! I guess that puts the CCIE lab fee in more perspective. :)