Class on demand/Video on demand

dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have never used them and my question is are they worthwhile? They seem to be expensive when you consider how long they are and I don't see how a 20 hour VoD is going to help prepare somone for something like the CCIE lab.
The only easy day was yesterday!

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do you meant CBTs in general or a specific vendor? I find CBTs to be great when approaching something new as that initial highly visual training really helps familiarise you with the topic and lays a great foundation for detailed study. But I think for the CCIE, where you will likely already be familiar with the devices/topics to some extent, their value is more limited.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:
    I have never used them and my question is are they worthwhile? They seem to be expensive when you consider how long they are and I don't see how a 20 hour VoD is going to help prepare somone for something like the CCIE lab.

I think the vids are good if you want to have some study format to draw/learn topics in a form (other than reading a book) that you may struggle in or to fine tune. alot of times i set a study schedule and watch a video segment per session. most of the time i watch the vids before reading the book so the book becomes a refresher/ tuning session prior to hitting the lab time.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm talking about the ones made by the CCIE Lab vendors. The ones that are $2,000 for a 25 hour VoD. There are others that are less expensive but not having seen any of them I don't think I would buy them without somone's recommendation.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i think if your going to invest in a lab vid for 2k you may as well go to a icon_rolleyes.gif shameless plug heinzulm bootcamp for a week.. only benefit of a vid is you can replay it
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    In my opinion, Internetwork Expert is exceptional. And well-priced.

www.internetworkexpert.com
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Yeah the InternetworkExpert CoD's are awesome!