Options

MCP login?

Ok I am confused as to what my MCP ID is.

When I passed my last test, I got a print out with my score on it. It doesn't say MCP ID on it but it does say Candidate ID, which is a 7 digit number.

How do I log into the MCP log in site? It asks for an access code and MCP ID. I have no access code so I try to reset it and it wants my MCP ID (candidate ID doesn't work).

I'm lost here. It has been about 2 weeks since I passed 70-270. I want to schedule 70-290 but it wants my MCP ID

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A few days after you passed your 70-270 exam you should have gotten an email from Microsoft that had MCP ID in it. I recieved mine the day after I passed the test. I think the candidate ID is how the testing center identifies you not Microsoft.

I would contact Microsoft directly and find out why you didn't get an email from them with your MCP ID. You should be able to book the 70-290 exam filling in your MCP ID is optional I have never filled it in when I have scheduled an exam with Prometric.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Oh ok well I will give them a call this week.

If I don't need my ID to sign up for the next test it's no big deal. I just know I had to go through a big mess with my A+ (they created another log in for some reason).

Thanks
  • Options
    druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the same problem , I emailed microsoft support and they said it takes up to 7 days. Its been almost 2 weeks for me, I'm getting kinda mad at this point. The reply from microsoft looked like something semi automated and it didn't really answer the questions I asked.

I think I am going to see what they say now that its been well over 7 days...
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I waited 10 business days without getting my email containing my MCP ID and access code. I ended up calling Microsoft, and after giving them my candidate ID and registration number from the printout I received after passing the exam, they gave me my ID and an access code.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I sent them an email now that it has been over 7 days since I passed. They sent me the information I needed within a day.
  • Options
    stirgestirge Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I contacted MS after 8 days on their e-learning 800 number and got them to give me my ID and access code with no issues. I never received an automated e-mail.