Did I speak too soon?

I just passed my 70-219 exam yesterday. My thinking is that I should be an MCSE now... I've looked at the requirements page several times, but on my MCP Transcript page it does not show that I am an MCSE... It shows I passed the 219 but not that I am an MCSE... When I go to Welcome Kit it states I am not eligible for a new certification at this time...

So, am I just be paranoid or am I really missing something?

I have on my transcript:

70-215
70-216
70-217
70-218
70-219
70-270
Security+

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.mspx

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I'm probably not correct, but it looks like you may be missing one exam.

Core exams: networking system (three exams required)
    215;216;217

(you have these)

Core exams: client operating system (one exam required)
    210;270;620

(you have 270)

ore exams: design (one exam required)

219;220;221;226;297;298

(you have 219)

elective exams (two exams required)
    098;214;218;219;220;221;222;223;224;225;226;227;228 etc

(other then 219...I don't see you having one of these listed. I'm not sure 219 can qualify for 2 of the requirements, so you may need to add 1 more exam).

OK...duh I see the SEC+ is listed to be acceptable as an alternative.

Have you contacted MS?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Login to the MCP site. They will tell you what you have and what you need. Too easy.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    OK! I spoke too soon! Sorry! I just went in to check to see where to find what I was missing and now it is showing up! All is good again! :)
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    OK! I spoke too soon! Sorry! I just went in to check to see where to find what I was missing and now it is showing up! All is good again! :)
    Awesome! Congratulations! Are you going to do the upgrade path to 2003?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Yes, I will be doing the upgrade exams..... But, I can't really start on it until after October 20th.... October 20th is my wedding day and I promised my Fiance that I would take a break from Certifications until after the wedding.

But.... I've had a lot of slow days at work in the past couple weeks. I'm going to see if Work will buy the Microsoft Press 292/296 book for me to use. I've had my work buy books books in the past, with the argument that they make a good resource for troubleshooting ect.... And since we just moved from a 2000 domain to a 2003 domain it seems fitting.

The only problem I have with work buying the books is that they are the property of my work... I can take them home and study them ect... But I can't keep them.

Anyway, If work buys the book, and I keep it at my office, then during slow days I can read up. I don't think that would be breaking my promise... What do you guys think?
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LoL Just tell her that you will be studying for the certs at work if you feel like you are still lying. lol
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!