Net+ in 2 weeks?

KunkelKunkel Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if you think it would be possible for me to pass the Net+ in two weeks? The reason is I'm looking at getting a job in Korea and want to get the test knocked out before I leave.

I have been using computers and the intenet for 10+ years, did a Cisco class for 2 years in high school, did almost 5 years of long haul networking in the Air Force. I just passed the A+ test on Friday with 730 and 840 for 601 and 602.

My current job allows me quite a bit of free time to read and study. I could probably study 4 hours a day. I just read through the technotes yesterday and Cram Exam 2 is in the mail. I checked out a few different books at the book store and I think the Cram Exam will be the best for me.

I have a good knowledge of most everything like subnetting, OSI layers and signal flow. The only think I will have to work on is memorizing port numbers, fiber lengths, some of the protocols like NetBIOS and IPX and the UNIX and Novell stuff.

Comments

• matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    With your experience, I think it is possible. Have a look at the Technotes on this website and, perhaps, pick up a book. With some practice, it might be possible to pass. I would brush up on your classful and classless subnetting.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kunkel wrote:
    I was wondering if you think it would be possible for me to pass the Net+ in two weeks? The reason is I'm looking at getting a job in Korea and want to get the test knocked out before I leave.

I have been using computers and the intenet for 10+ years, did a Cisco class for 2 years in high school, did almost 5 years of long haul networking in the Air Force. I just passed the A+ test on Friday with 730 and 840 for 601 and 602.

My current job allows me quite a bit of free time to read and study. I could probably study 4 hours a day. I just read through the technotes yesterday and Cram Exam 2 is in the mail. I checked out a few different books at the book store and I think the Cram Exam will be the best for me.

I have a good knowledge of most everything like subnetting, OSI layers and sigal flow. The only think I will have to work on is memorizing port numbers, fiber lengths, some of the protocols like NetBIOS and IPX and the UNIX and Novell stuff.

This should be possible with your experience, 2 weeks is just about right.

GL!
  • wayliffwayliff Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    though all exams are different...be careful you dont get surprised with Apple and Novell questions...particularly Novell.

Good luck!
  • KunkelKunkel Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    With your experience, I think it is possible. Have a look at the Technotes on this website and, perhaps, pick up a book. With some practice, it might be possible to pass. I would brush up on your classful and classless subnetting.

Classful subnetting is

Classless subnetting is

or

157.129.136.141/27

Right?
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    Kunkel I don't think this is going to be a problem for you. Subnetting isn't covered in depth like that, it's a very broad test. My advice is to really read the questions, one thing I noticed when I took it is they tried to trick you by hiding a lot of useless facts in there. A lot of the questions mention specific operating system versions and those are important. Good luck.
  • KunkelKunkel Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cool, I found this thread. I think it will help a lot since I know next to nothing about Novell.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24630
  • Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    how about the net + with no studying? :D
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Aquabat wrote:
    how about the net + with no studying? :D
    How about just giving me $252 US? ;)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."