MS Exam insurance

kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone used Exam Insurance or know how it works?

Do you have to buy it from a specific place?

How big is the discount on your next test if you pass the first time?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/insurance/default.mspx

Thanks.

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I bought exam insurance for my last 5 exams. It worked by purchasing the exam with an additional $45. The only place in my area that I could purchase Exam Insurance was by calling up New Horizons near me and giving them a credit card payment over the phone.

If you pass the exam on the first attempt you had to contact Prometric for the 25% discount voucher.

I don't know if the new Exam Insurance is going to be the same or not. I'm hoping they will make it a little better though.... Since I never did use any of the 25% vouchers since I always opted to purchase more exam insurance, just in case I didn't pass the first time.
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information. Can the insurance and discount be used together?
    kevozz wrote:
    Thanks for the information. Can the insurance and discount be used together?

Not the last time they did this promotion... I'm betting it will be the same this time around.... I emailed MS on Saturday and have yet to hear a response... I'm looking forward to this promotion again.
    *sigh*
    I'm so disappointed! I finally got a response from Microsoft.... here is what they responded to me!

Exam Insurance is currently not available, continue to check the following website for availability [url]http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/insurance/default.mspx[/url]

A new date for availability has yet to be announced.

Considering that my email to them said

I've been looking forward to the return of the Exam Insurance. The web page states that it should be available in August. Now that it is August is the Exam Insurance available to purchase?

So........ one should gather, that from my email that I am perfectly aware of what the web site says.... I doubt that my email was really read. icon_cry.gif
    I just checked their page again today and it no longer says anything about it being available in August! Oh well.....

The Microsoft Exam Insurance pilot program concluded on June 30, 2007. We will continue to update this page with details on future Exam Insurance opportunities and other valuable certification offers. Please return to this page for information about upcoming offers.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    It's not the same thing, it's better! The 2nd shot promotion, is a completely free 2nd chance if you fail the exam! The exam insurance is where you pay an extra $45 for a chance to take the exam again if you fail. Thanks for the Post!
  • druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took my 270 exam about 2 weeks ago and they had MS fliers all over the place about the test insurance. It did indeed say the second try is free or 25% discount off next exam if you pass it.
  • wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Per Microsoft here is the e-mail I sent to Microsoft Learning...
    Thank you all for the information!!!!!

On the MCP home page it reads as if it might only apply to IT Professional, Developer or Dynamics.

This does bring up more questions:

1. Will this start on the 15th or that following Monday?

2. When will MCP help support be updated on this information?
    (Reason: I had to place 3 calls only to be told 1st two time what am I talking about and hold on… to only be hung up on after 15 minutes on hold. Then the 3rd called place I supplied the same information from on their site only to be told check the MCP home page on the 15th.)

3. When will Prometric be informed?
    (2 calls place to them requesting information… which they can not answer and claim they can not even see their own site which has news of the Second Shot/retake failed exam.
    Will it cost of the exam still be $125 or will it be $175 as it was for the Exam Insurance?

4. Thank you all so much!!! I’m trying to pass the 291 exam and having a hard time with it. That is why I’m asking and calling Microsoft and Prometric as I want to schedule my exam.

Bill

The reply I got back was...
    Hey, Bill. We consider 291, etc. to be IT professional exams. Sorry that was confusing!

You should be able to register for the offer beginning on the 15th (check the prometric link or Microsoft.com/learning page); no earlier than that—Monday at the latest.

Thank you for letting us know that our support teams are not as up to speed as they should be on this offer J I believe they are ramping up this week to be ready for launch on the 15th. In the meantime, I’m sorry you had to spend your valued time on so many support calls. We will follow up with Prometric and MS support to make sure they have the info they need.

The cost of the exam is standard price ($125 in US).

Good luck on your exams!
    Best,

Trika
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!
  • alharlandalharland Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was planning on taking my 291 exam this week, but have cancelled it to take advantage of the 2nd chance offer. Hopefully I'll be able to register for it tomorrow, then rebook the exam for next week. That way I am covered, just in case.
  • rlebahrlebah Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found the link from another posting on the site. (Thanks preecy)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndchance/default.mspx

Please Ignore Paragraphs Below
    Went to this website
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/insurance/default.mspx

Clicked on second shot
    Redirected me to this website
    http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/2ndchance_noid

Which stated for me to
    Step 1: Register for Second Shot on the Microsoft site and receive an exam voucher number leaving no link.

Please let me know if you find the microsoft website to sign up for second shot because currently the pages I noted point to each other.
  • wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here is the info that I got back from Microsoft Learning today...
    Hi Bill,

Please visit:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx

We are working on fixing this redirecting issue right now.

Thanks, Meighan

Happy hunting all... lets see how many times we can kill the beast and any other exam they offer.

I'm going to take the 291 this week!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!