Uh Oh!..Failed!

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
Scored 707 so I have alot of reviewing to do.

Voice and wireless networking is what killed me. I can tell is an ok exam i just didnt prepare too well.

Anyway thats behind now back to the old drawing board. Post the results of my next sitting. I will do 70-294 exam and finish up my MCSE next before i sit this again tho.

Thanks, kenny
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hopefully the updated Exam Certification Guide is a better "review" for the exam than the old edition was for the old version of the DESGN exam.

But the Teare book was "THE BOOK" for the old DESGN exam..... and the updated version is supposed to be out October 17th.

Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) (Authorized CCDA Self-Study Guide) (Exam 640-863), 2nd Edition.

Top Down Network Design (2nd edition) was also a better book for the old exam than the old Exam Cert Guide was.... might be some fun reading after you finish your MCSE (and before the new Teare book comes out).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
    Completely agree with Mike. I heard so many bad things about the Exam Guide, so I never even bothered to get it and read it. I used only the Teare book and Top Down. Good luck!
  • hjcoumanshjcoumans Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Folks,

Since when is the old 640-861 exam retired?

Now with the upcoming retirement of the CCDP exam in December things are getting quite upside down (for me at least).

Regards,
    Han
    ToDolist: (deep breath) (roughly in sequence) 70-291, 70-290, Security+, 70-270, 70-294, LPIC-2, (out-of-sequence) CCDP 70-299, CWNA, EXIN ISF, CISSP, 8 more EXIN exams and some more work...... BS
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    hjcoumans wrote:
    Folks,

Now with the upcoming retirement of the CCDP exam in December things are getting quite upside down (for me at least).

Regards,
    Han

hjcourmans,

The Cisco 640-861 DESGN exam retired on 13 July 2007.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The official courseware is quite good for the 863 so hopefully the Cisco Press version will be too. Good luck on the next go....
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Try not to apply real world scenarios to the design tracks of Cisco, you will most likely fail.

Just memorize the book icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • hjcoumanshjcoumans Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hjcoumans wrote:
    Folks,

Regards,
    Han

hjcourmans,

The Cisco 640-861 DESGN exam retired on 13 July 2007.

If I had known THAT... Yes, me is to blame. And now the CCDP exam is retiring too in December. I'm going to miss this train for sure.

Grtz,
    Han
    ToDolist: (deep breath) (roughly in sequence) 70-291, 70-290, Security+, 70-270, 70-294, LPIC-2, (out-of-sequence) CCDP 70-299, CWNA, EXIN ISF, CISSP, 8 more EXIN exams and some more work...... BS