CM 4.2(3) SIP trunk to VoIP provider

opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
guys,

anyone please give input on this config. my voip isp has given me the following info:

Username: xxxxx
Pwd: xxxxxx
SIP Registrar: xxxxx
SIP Domain: xxxxxx

to setup a sip trunk to them..but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. Again, I have CM 4.2(3) and cisco ip phones.

thank you

opers13

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You need to create a SIP trunk security profile with the information provided
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    dtlokee wrote:
    You need to create a SIP trunk security profile with the information provided

dtlokee,

thanks for your reply, but on CM4.2(3), I can't seem to find an option for "SIP trunk security profile" Any idea?

tx
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I apologize, I didn't fully understand what you were looking to do, and skipped the part where you said callmanager 4.2 (I've been on 5.0 lately) I think what you're looking for is more of a SIP proxy to forward the calls to their servers, not your own call agent. I don't have the experience needed to tell you how to configure one, or what one is best.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
    I think I need a gateway...from what I found out SIP trunk in CM 4.2 won't support authentication. I would have to create a SIP dial peer on the gateway and forward the traffic from my CM to it via the trunk. The dial peer would handle authentication...
  • IvoIvo Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm trying to accomplish the same with CM4.2. Today a have a meeting with representatives of Cisco who will help me with this SIP trunk toppic. There is very little info on the matter and I couldn't get it running eather. I'll get back to you when I know more
    Ivo wrote:
    I'm trying to accomplish the same with CM4.2. Today a have a meeting with representatives of Cisco who will help me with this SIP trunk toppic. There is very little info on the matter and I couldn't get it running eather. I'll get back to you when I know more

Ivo,

yes, please get back to me...I'm still trying to get this done.

thanks
  • IvoIvo Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi opers13...
    I spoke with the Cisco people and some other parties about this topic. It seems you need a Session Border Controller to get this job done. The people form Cisco told me that they used to have one but it was not functioning properly. They are not making them anymore and offer no support on the product. The solution they offer is to use the SBC from IPTEL.org. They tested most of their products on IPTEL but I suppose that ASTERISK will do fine as well. Next week I’ll start setting up a server and try to make the SBC work.

have you tried something like this already?
  • markytxmarkytx Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ivo wrote:
    I suppose that ASTERISK will do fine as well.

I've been using asterisk for this purpose.

Mark
    CCNA, CCDA, CVPN, QOS, CVOICE