Options

Certification Help

ddzcddzc Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the Juniper world and i'm seeking some help...

I'm looking in to studying and taking a JNCIA certification. I noticed I have MANY options though:

JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-ER, JNCIA-FWV, JNCIA-WX , JNCIA-SSL, jncia-m, jncia-e, JNCIA-J.

I'm leaning towards the jncia-m certification but im really not sure and stumped. In the very near future, i'm going to be working with Netscreen 5GT's, Netscreen 5GT-ADLS, Netopia 3341 and Netopia 3346 boxes. I'll be working with configs, VPN tunnels, DSL, Dial Up, troubleshooting issues etc.

Anyone have any recommendations over the jncia-m cert which will benefit me more?

If I complete the above cert, will I receive a hardcopy JNCIA certification? Do I have to complete multiple exams to receive the JNCIA cert or will I receive one for every exam? What is the passing grade for the above exam?

Thanks a lot everyone..

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi,

yes - you can plug the IDS-IPS-Firewall module in the M series router,
    but JNCIA-M really focusing on M series router product knowledge and how to make it running first.
    if you really need a fast track configuring netscreen firewall/vpn then you must master the screenos - go with JNCIA-FWV.

you'll get the hard copy, and 2 years recognition as JNCIA-x.

cheers...
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the response.

I was just reading about the JNCIA-FWV and it looks much more appealing than the "m'. Would it gave me a basic understanding on any of those 4 boxes I mentioned (Netscreen 5GT's, Netscreen 5GT-ADLS, Netopia 3341 and Netopia 3346)
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well,

IMO if you want to specifically focus doing netscreen then go with JNCIA-FWV,
    but the basic terms of firewalling or VPN is the same from one another - just with a little adjustment in how you handle what a specific device want for a set of actions in its input command.

HTH.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    Great, thanks for the reply.

Do you have any suggested learning material? Any books or possibly free online resources?

Thank You
  • Options
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not a netscreen guy, so I don't have many suggestions.... but I hear this book is supposed to be good.

Configuring Juniper Networks NetScreen & SSG Firewalls
    ISBN: 1597491187
  • Options
    ScreenieScreenie Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Taking the CJFV course would make sense. (Yeah, I'm a firewall trainer, so what else couls I say ? :D ) Just look at the juniper site to find a training centre....
    For specific topics: look at www.juniper.net/techpubs, screen-os software. Everything is there, but it's hard to filter out what you don't need.

Succes!