Network + Study material

MwgamerMwgamer Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I dont have any on the job networking experience all mine is home networking with Windows 2000. I also completed several college certification programs and now want to get my N+.

I used examcram for my A+ but I wasnt too pleased with its layout. So if anyone has any reccomendations for N+ study books could you please point them out to me.

Thank you

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I used Mike Myers All-In-One book. I though it was pretty good, mostly due to Mikes' unique teaching techniques. I also used Transcender, and this sites' Tech Notes, which are great(and free), by the way! I did take a class as well for a few weeks, but I learned more just by reading, and practicing in the lab when I could. If you go with Mike Myers, an idea may be to also purchase his Passport series on Net+. It serves as a good read during the day instead of carrying the brick book.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • JOblessELementJOblessELement Member Posts: 134
    I usually just head to Amazon.com, look for a certain certification and list the books by Avg. Customer Review. Then I run through the books and see what people have to say about the top 5 or 10 books and then decide :)

Here's Certification Central at Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/3480/ref=br_bx_c_2_1/104-3058112-6695125

Now just search for Network+.

[This may not work for a lot of people but it's just how I operate :]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
  • MwgamerMwgamer Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks folks, I see Mike's name alot seems like alot of people give high ratings to his books. Ill also hit up the Amazon advice!

thanks!
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    [This may not work for a lot of people but it's just how I operate :]

I'd like to know what you get when you head to Amazon.com in the morning and enter "Scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast". icon_wink.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I used Sybex for my Net+, but im just really fond of Sybex books (have also been using them for my MS studies) and definately transcender products for testing software.
  • JOblessELementJOblessELement Member Posts: 134
    I'd like to know what you get when you head to Amazon.com in the morning and enter "Scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast". icon_wink.gif

... and if you ever find out, make sure to let me know right away ;)
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
  • MwgamerMwgamer Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Think Im going with the Sybex N+ book and pick it up tomorrow. Shouldnt be too bad I got a networking book from one of my classes I can go over too. Wish me luck ;)
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Wish you the best luck possible, Mwgamer!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • kjmccoykjmccoy Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't say enough about Transcender's, the exam sim and the TransTrainer's. Might as well be sitting in a classroom. And for those of us with no hands on experience in Networking, the transtrainers troubleshooting scenario section in indispensable.
  • netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    I went with Sybex, now on Passport, then examcram 2 just for good measure. Wished I had done the A.I.O byu Meyers though, as I found Sybex very boring in certain areas.
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"