Options

How long should I wait?

JoshyJJoshyJ Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recently applied to two jobs, i got called for an interview for the second job i applied too acouple hours after i sent my resume and was asked if i was able to go for interview acouple hours after the phone call (so all within the same day).

The interview went fine, no technical questions, no behaviour questions, very casual interview (so casual that it shocked me) but now its 2 days after the interview and i thought i remember him saying he will call me on thursday, that being today, even though its only half way through the day. He also said that he would email me a roster to show me what its like, but havent received it either.

I cant help but wonder what will happen if they dont call and second guessing myself like did he say thursday or tuesday? If he doesn't call how long after is it a good idea to call and ask about the interview or about if you got accepted?

Btw Hi guys since this is my first post after a couple months reading through the forums. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    did you send a thank you letter??

when i was interviewing before i feel that is a good practice to make sure you do, if i were you i would send a short email thanking the person for the opportunity to meet with you and that you look forward hearing from him...do that will never hurt

let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    I sent one just then. So hopefully its not to late.

During the interview he was talking like I already got it. But it might be just the way he talks or my wishful thinking.
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Be sure to posture yourself during the follow-up as well. A thank you letter making it sound too much like you really need the job or following-up quickly by phone may make it seem like you need the job badly. If that is the case it will be much more difficult if they decide to hire you when it comes to salary negotiations.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It really depends on the company your interviewing with. Some aren't as motivated as others. I had to call a couple places multiple times to talk to someone in charge, finally all the hard work (or nagging) paid off and I landed the job I wanted. I would encourage you to not be shy and let them know you want to work for them, there's nothing else you can do sometimes, just be patient.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you letter must be within 24 hours after the interview. If you get the job and they want you, then you will get a letter within a week. However, the average time is two weeks. If you don't heard anything in two weeks, you can drop in a follow up email/call. You will know by that time.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    Got a call back today, they want another interview for tomorrow and said that basically I'm one of two candidates left. So wish me luck.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Good luck to you!! :D
  • Options
    Well i got the job icon_lol.gif Went to interview exactly on the dot, just talked joked around, left the interview like i hope i get it, just when i arrive home they call and say that i got it. I think they made up about there being another candidate.