VPNs

I am studying for the CCNA, and hope to progress to CCNP, but when will i begin to learn about configuring VPNs? What is good reading material for VPNs?

Thank you.
Arrakis

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You will not learn how to configure VPNs if you are only studying the objectives for the CCNA. If you only follow the exam objectives you probably have a while until you get into VPNs. If it interests you check out Ciscopress for a VPN book and read away.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Of all the material I have seen.....

I think the best materials for learning about VPN's can be downloaded from the Juniper website, and better still they are completely free and in PDF format.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco VPN studies are covered in the CCSP. If you just want the knowledge for it's own sake the "Complete Cisco VPN Configuration Guide" is superb, it has a detailed primer on VPN tech in general and then how to configure it on each major Cisco platform. Very easy to read aswell.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    Thank you...Will check out the material all of you have stated.

Cheers...
    Arrakis