on the road againon the road again Member Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am new to the site so my apologies if I am asking a silly question

My background certification are

MCP from Windows 3.1 -> Windows 2000 Professional & Server
MCSE Windows NT4
Compaq ASE
OS/2 Certified Engineer

As you can see all of these are very old certifications with the exception of the Compaq which expired last year. I now need to look at updating my certifications and thought I would start with the MCSA. I look after a site that currently has a Netware 5 server but should be changing to Windows 2003 shortly. It will only serve approx 100 user on-site but will connect into the corporate WAN which has over 1000+ users.

As far as I can see I need to pass the following two exams to get the MCSA

Core Exams - Networking Systems....
Exam 70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
Exam 70-291: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure

As I think I can use the pass I already have on this one as my Core Exams - client operating system
Exam 70-2101: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

And my MCSE NT4 as my elective.

Am I right in thinking this and if so where would you advise is the best place to start (its been a few years since I did any studying for exams!)

Any help much appreciated :)
Tomorrow is another day

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just looked over the requirements and 290 and 291 should be all you need. I would start with 290. It should be comparible to the 215 with some extras thrown in. 291 is the new beast and is comparable to 216.

the new exams are harder then the NT 4.0 exams, so you will need something better then the exam crams. Most people here seem to recommend the MS Press books, but the Sybex and Syngress books also get mentioned.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete