Options

RHCE expire?

blackzoneblackzone Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
My concern is on people taking RHCE on RHEL 4.0 now will have their cert expire with the release of RHEL 6.0.

And it is estimate RHEL 5.0 will be released this december. And a guess estimate for RHEL 6.0 is end of next year.

So people who get RHCE now will have it expire in one year?

and the test cost 749$... which is very expensive.
RHCE and RHCT certifications are considered current until after one (1) major release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux following the release on which the certification was earned. Certificates earned on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 will be current until the release of Red Hat Enterprise 5, and those earned on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 will remain current until the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. Certifications earned on Red Hat Linux 8.0 and Red Hat Linux 9 are pegged to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, and hence will be current until the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.

Comments

• Options
    routingbyrumorroutingbyrumor Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is strange and I don't think I'll be doing any RHCE anytime soon. For now I would consider the LPIC series instead of the RHCE since they are vendor neutral however, I don't know if they expire.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hello,

when you take the RHCT/RHCE - you will be given the newer release of the OS. so you wont be doing RHEL 4 exam.

cheers.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    br0telbr0tel Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aloo all..
    i want to share my opinion. i have a rhct on rhel v4, and will be expire if redhat release the v6. in indonesia, the price of rhce exam (i`m sure u will pass the rhct, as a part of rhce degree, need more than 70% from all the question) as 446 US$. but that its only a exam, if u want to join the class, u must pay 300 again.
    rhct (and rhce too) some people said thats a brutal exam. hand`s on exam, different with cisco, solaris, microsoft, ceh, and many more certification. in last august, i join the rh253 (system adminstration) for 4 days, and in the saturday (day of sixth on the week) i join in the rh302 (rhce). we use the rhel v5, some materi its different with rhel v4. i`m not pass the exam. but i`m not loose my rhct (i got on december 2006). its ok, i think redhat make a person who had rhce cert its a "special" person, have a good position, have a good salary (i think)...
    sincerely yours,
    willy
  • Options
    TeslTesl Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is strange and I don't think I'll be doing any RHCE anytime soon. For now I would consider the LPIC series instead of the RHCE since they are vendor neutral however, I don't know if they expire.

Vendor neutral - Yes. Anywhere near as valuable - No.
  • Options
    flipsideflipside Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    about rhct/rhce exam: the test is not so hard if you have real work experience.
    My impression was that the LPIC exams were harder :) - maybe because they required to know the correct location of various commands, full command options etc.. The redhat lab exam gives you full access to the environment and that make it much easier (for me this was the case)