host a blackberry enterprise server at home?

taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
My friend just sent me a link regarding a free version of blackberry enterprise server. All you need is a blackberry device and you are allowed to download.

Has any of our members here ever hosted a blackberry enterprise server at home?

https://www.blackberry.com/express/

:D
mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you running Exchange or Domino at home?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've thought about it and since I like to test a lot of the Exchange 07 stuff at the house before going live at work it wouldn't be a bad idea. We also run the BESE at my organization. We don't have too many people needing them and it's a good deal.
  • taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    does it work for a evaluation of exchange server 2003?

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm sure it will until your trial expires.
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    This is interesting. If you anyone does install this, please post some details.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have BES Express running live for two clients. One with Domino and one with Exchange. The only difference that I have seen so far between it and regular BES is the 15 license count, but neither of my clients have over 3 users, so that hasn't been an issue.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    ajs1976 wrote:
    I have BES Express running live for two clients. One with Domino and one with Exchange. The only difference that I have seen so far between it and regular BES is the 15 license count, but neither of my clients have over 3 users, so that hasn't been an issue.

wow... interesting and excellent :D

Since you have 3 users, you have to buy 2 additional CAL. How much is it per CAL? I believe it shouldn't be expensive.

With only 3 users servicing, what is the spec of the BES server?

BTW, excellent info. icon_thumright.gif

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    taktsoi wrote:
    ajs1976 wrote:

wow... interesting and excellent :D

Since you have 3 users, you have to buy 2 additional CAL. How much is it per CAL? I believe it shouldn't be expensive.

With only 3 users servicing, what is the spec of the BES server?

BTW, excellent info. icon_thumright.gif

generally its around $99 per CAL. You can buy packs in increments of like 5 or so, and you get some savings there. We have been running BES small business for 3 years, and finally made the jump to enterprise a few weeks ago. You could run BES on a standalone PC, as long as it has decent specs. It doesnt need to be SUPER powerful to run. We had the old version of BES (think it was 4.1), and now we run 4.2, which is much more elaborate. Im guessing thats the platform BES express is as well.

this is very interesting. There is some potential for lab use in the future.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security