PASSED YES! YES! YES!

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello fellow members,

It feels so great to be able to post in the forum and say that I have passed. You may remember that two weeks ago I posted that I had failed. Well two weeks on and I have passed I focused on those weak areas (Apple, Novell, Unix) and it was enough to see me through my final score was 641.

I used a mixture of study materials Quick cert videos and study guides, techexam study guides, measure up and ucertify. I was also recommended to use exam cram by fellow member matradley and I would agree with him it does cover the Apple and Novell fairly well.

I now have only 2 exam until I'm an MCSA I'm not sure whether to go with the 70-290 or 70-291. I may take a few practice tests to see how I get on and then take the one that I'm stronger in first.

I just wanted to say thanks for the advice and help I was given on previous posts it has really helped me. I'm so glad I found this site it has proved a very useful tool in helping me prepare for and pass my exam.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

Taking 70-290 before 70-291 is the typical route and probably the wisest.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations!

As Webmaster mentioned, it is probably the best to do the 70-290 before you attempt the 70-291.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    Congratulations!

As Webmaster mentioned, it is probably the best to do the 70-290 before you attempt the 70-291.

Cheers guys I think you might be right tackling the 70-290 maybe the best choice to go for. I have read on these forums how people refer to the 291 as the "beast" and the "monster" I'm quite scared about taking that one.

Do you guys think 5 weeks study time for 70-290 is realistic. I know its hard to say because everyone learns at a different pace etc. I normally study for 1 to 2 hours 4 days a week then for about 12 hours over the weekend?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats for passing!

Good luck with the MCSA track!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    cjthedj45 wrote:
    Do you guys think 5 weeks study time for 70-290 is realistic. I know its hard to say because everyone learns at a different pace etc. I normally study for 1 to 2 hours 4 days a week then for about 12 hours over the weekend?

I think that's a pretty reasonable amount of time to put in for the 70-290 exam, as long as you're balancing those hours of study time between hands-on work and reading/viewing the training material. Give yourself the five weeks to really study and work with Server 2003, make sure you use a couple of different books as well as TechNet articles and maybe even an interactive course like CBT Nuggets or TestOut, and save doing any practice tests until the very end of those five weeks. If you're scoring 80% - 90% on a (legitimate) practice exam like Transcender for example, then you're ready to tackle the exam.

The amount of time you spend, however, isn't an absolute measurement of how well-prepared you are for the exam; you need to spend the time it takes you to learn all the material. Five weeks is a good estimate, but there's nothing wrong with you if it takes you more (or less) time, it just means that's the time you needed to learn it.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • hnguyen11033hnguyen11033 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrat!!!!

Good luck on the MCSA!!
  • pjdarmispjdarmis Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I just pass my Net+ a week ago today :)
    pjdarmis
  • CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass, I would recommended taking the 70-290 first!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops