Took the CCNA 801 today

Finally, I passed! Third attempt for me; first time I was in the low 700s, second time I was only a few points away from passing (that was a real downer). I studied another week, spent every spare minute studying, my wife and kids hardly ever saw me, and this time I made an 872 - not fantastic, but not a squeaker, either. A pass is a pass on this test, right? Man, I'm glad to get that gorilla off my back.

This forum was very helpful, and thanks to all who give encouragement to others. I hope to get Network+ tackled before the end of the year, then I'll be starting January on CCNP at school. Be seeing you in the CCNP forum!
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good work! bowing.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Netstudent wrote:
    Good work! bowing.gif

Thanks! I appreciate it. Btw, I see that you have the Network+ cert, too. How much more info is there for that compared to the CCNA? A significant amount of studying yet to do? I'm thinking about going after that now, and I've been told that about 70% of it is pretty much CCNA material.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    Good work! bowing.gif

Thanks! I appreciate it. Btw, I see that you have the Network+ cert, too. How much more info is there for that compared to the CCNA? A significant amount of studying yet to do? I'm thinking about going after that now, and I've been told that about 70% of it is pretty much CCNA material.

I think there is less info on the Net+, but the info is different and less complex. There are a few things that overlap with Net+ and CCNA, but definately not 70%. The Net+ is a very entry level cert, where as CCNA is kinda mid-level (just a tad bit above entry level networking). If you have the CCNA, then Net+ level knowledge is a given. Try not to look at certifications as just aquiring as many as you can regardless of what they are doing for you. Taking Net+ after CCNA is backwards and a regression. You want to progress. Maybe consider moving up to CCDA, CCNP, or MCSA. Keep upping the anny of challenge and difficulty.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

The Net+ overlaps with the INTRO portion of the CCNA..... so you should be 70-80% of the way there.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats for passing!........and, for perservering!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • geezergeezer Member Posts: 136
    Well done on passing and persevering - that shows commitment icon_thumright.gif
    I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
  • tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    Congratulations and well done! icon_lol.gif
    totts from essex
  • mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    Good Job Man!!!
  • MwiingaMwiinga Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done, well put too - Gorilla of the back indeed - Great Job man. Time to catch up with the kids and all the best on your next step.
    "To err is human; to really screw up requires the root password."
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job!!! icon_wink.gificon_thumright.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.