Options

Missing Directory in Forward Lookup Zone

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've created a Primary Forward Lookup Zones, and I'm missing the following folder.

_sites
_tcp
_udp
DomainDnsZones
ForestDnsZones

Any idea why it's not showing up?

I've configured my Primary DNS Suffix.

Comments

• Options
    My Primary Zone is AD-Integrated.
  • Options
    Okay those directories finally showed up, no wonder why when I am trying to configure an additional domain controller I keep getting an error SRV error, this looks like a bug on windows 2003 AD/DNS replication.

It took a good 20 minutes.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When you create a new DC, it takes time for the Active Directory Sites and Services connection objects to be configured so the new DC knows which DC it should replicate with. After those connection objects are created, it will then take some time for replication to take place so the zones fully come over. This usually takes 20-30 minutes. You can speed this up by forcing "Check replication topology" in AD Sites and Services which launches the KCC. After those connection objects are created, you can then do a repadmin /syncall which is located in the support tools.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Thanks Royal, it's good to know about this stuff, since I am unable to see it in the book.

This happen on my additional domain controller and a child domain controller which I gave DNS delegation.

Hopefuly this is also informative to others that might encounter the same issue.