Book Question

SROSRO Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All

Just a quick question, Is the book anygood to study from or is it out of date icon_confused.gif:

Book Title: CCNA
Author: Todd Lammie
Edition: 4
Exam: 640-801
ISBN: 0-7821-4311-3

Thanks in advance

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you are just starting to study I would suggest you get a book for the new exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    SRO wrote:
    Hi All

Just a quick question, Is the book anygood to study from or is it out of date icon_confused.gif:

Book Title: CCNA
    Author: Todd Lammie
    Edition: 4
    Exam: 640-801
    ISBN: 0-7821-4311-3

Thanks in advance

SRO,

Technically, the book will be useful if you can study from it and pass the 640-801 CCNA exam by 06NOV2007.

Source:
    1. CCNA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    5th edition was the latest for the current exam, 6th edition is updated for the new exams.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • SROSRO Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply,

I have an exam 70-272 next month, do you think I could study for my CCNA in that short space of time icon_confused.gif:
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    SRO wrote:
    Thanks for the reply,

I have an exam 70-272 next month, do you think I could study for my CCNA in that short space of time icon_confused.gif:

SRO,

Only you can answer that question for yourself.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That might be pushing it a bit depending upon your networking or lack therof background. Since you still have a Microsoft exam to get out of the way, I would suggest going for the "new improved" CCNA exam.

Yes, there will be some new stuff on there but your knowledge base will be broader too. Plus you won't have to feel rushed to pass by Nov. 6.

The CCNA is really the foundation building blocks for Cisco especially routing and switching. Don't short change yourself by rushing it unless you think your experience can help you compensate. Just my 2 cents worth! icon_wink.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I agree, you don't have enough time to do it right.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    trust the people that have the CCNA...probably not a good idea.