Am I ready???

danpierdanpier Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been studying (albeit very slowly) for Network+ for the past six months. I've finally decided I want to get this out the way now so that I can get my MCSA certification (I already have A+, M$ exams 70-210, 70-215, and 70-21icon_cool.gif.

I've just completed the practice test and scored 76.7%. I know I need to brush up on OSI, Network Segments, Port Numbers and AppleTalk. Is this score good enough for a pass???

Of all the exams I've taken this one I seem to be most nervous about and need to be confident I'll pass before I take it. Any tips appreciated.

TIA
To err is human, but to really F**K up requires a computer!!!!

Comments

• lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    I would start taking all of the free practice tests that I could until I was scoring about 90%, then take the exam, imho
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • danpierdanpier Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the OSI test too, but only scored about 65%. I think I'll brush up on the areas I know I'm having trouble with then do some more practice tests. I've managed to get the Transcender N+ so I'll load that up and go through it. Are transcender exams generally harder????
  • MwgamerMwgamer Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I find the Transcender tests ok. You know which tests IVe found hard? Cert 21 tests. Holy cow some of their A+ questions I was like "wow"!
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    I'm still studying, for the Network +, but I'm finding the transcender material to be really helpful for testing, the test exams I got from them appear to be about the level of difficulty of the test. Or they were when I took the A+.

I'd go along with 90% rate though, as it can't hurt to be over prepared.

Good luck!!!
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • MwgamerMwgamer Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ya at over 100 dollars a pop I try to know every little question I come across. Guess it depends how confident on the material you are.
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    From what I've seen the transcender tests are harder than the actual exam and thats why I like them. Plus they give you a good feel of the kinds of questions that will be asked. Definately read the explanations of the answers and if you have more questions they provide a source to find out more info. I love transcenders and am about to buy my 216 and Sec+ ones in a couple days.
  • danpierdanpier Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's head down for more studying for me then, I'll go through the Transcender and have a look at Cert21 too. If only I could get my head round OSI things would be much easier.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    imho, if you've been studying well but in a stop-starting fashion, i would suggest booking the exam for three weeks time, downloading the exam objectives, finding weakspots, studying solely on them for about a week and then general revision and practice tests until your exam.

as you have already passed a+ and some m$ exams, a lot of stuff should be second nature to you anyway.
    A+ Moderator
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I think you'll make it if you have Trancender prep exams. Remember, if you have so many study guids and stuff; you'll have a hard time focusing on the objectives of the exam. Generally, reading too many books for an exam is probably as dangerous are reading 2 little.

just my 2c's
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.