Options

TCP/IP Book

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
Someone told me about a book on TCP/IP and they said it's been around a long time and is one of the best books on this subject. I forgot the name of the book and author. It's supposed to be one of the best books on TCP/IP. Can anyone recall a well known book on TCP/IP. Thanks
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that wouldn't be the thick books i'm reading now would it.. icon_lol.gif

the book is Routing TCP/IP vol 1 by Jeff Dolye ISBN 1-58705-202-4 icon_wink.gif and whats worse is theres a second book vol 2 icon_lol.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
    I don't think so. The person said is was the TCP/IP bible.......
    "Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    I'm gonna guess they mean the book by Douglas Comer, Internetworking with TCP/IP. There are multiple volumes now.

George
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    georgemc wrote:
    I'm gonna guess they mean the book by Douglas Comer, Internetworking with TCP/IP. There are multiple volumes now.

George
    Yes, the Douglas Comer books are the only set that qualifies as a "TCP/IP Bible." Unfortunately, programmers who need to write TCP/IP software will only gain limited help from this series, but all telecom engineers will find the Comer books very useful and insightful.