CCNA as an MCSA Elective?

bongerzbongerz Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all just a quick one I just want to know if CCNA will pass as an elective?? atm obv im CCNA and have a MCP under the belt and want to get MCSA before the end of the year.

Cheers
Boyo

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNA does not count as an elective.

From: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/faq.mspx

Q. Is Cisco certification an acceptable alternative to fulfilling the MCSA elective exam requirement?

A. Acceptable third-party certifications must demonstrate expertise in managing hardware, such as network servers and desktop computers, in addition to fulfilling other criteria. Cisco certification is not acceptable in fulfilling the MCSA elective exam requirement because it demonstrates expertise in network hardware only.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • ParmenidesParmenides Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That would be the day. What I'm surprised is that Microsoft is willing to give up some test money to allow for Comptia to substitute.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Parmenides wrote:
    That would be the day. What I'm surprised is that Microsoft is willing to give up some test money to allow for Comptia to substitute.

It may be due to several reasons, the primary two being that a lot of companies see CompTIA as a relatively neutral helping hand in getting entry-level people into the IT world and it helps them move into bigger and more difficult things, like the MCSE path, for example. Another is probably due to the fact that CompTIA's flagship certification, the A+, is specifically geared towards Windows-based computer work, and that cert has been a way for would-be MCSA/MCSE's to break their teeth on IT work for many, many years. Chances are, if you start with a CompTIA cert, you'll probably end up moving up the ladder to a Microsoft or Cisco cert, sooner or later.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.