Odds of passing?

COglesby31174COglesby31174 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm taking the exam Friday with only a week of true studying. I did the same thing with A+ and passed but I have little experience with networks. I took a college course about Networking about a year ago and pass every one of the practice tests I find online. But, after reading about some of the members failing Net+, I find myself asking if I should hold off?

What my question is: Is Network+ a test you can use logical deduction and alittle studying and pass like A+ was?

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You should hold off if you've only been studying for a week. You need to know all the things on the list of test objectives you'll find on the Network+ page on CompTIA's website. You need to have a good understanding of the OSI model, of current networking media and devices, as well as how to do troubleshooting on some scenarios and common networking pitfalls. If you're unsure on more than one or two of the topics listed on the objectives page, you absolutely want to push the test back until you're ready.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I will also add, as you read the objectives, you will need to familiarize yourself with some of the basic tools of administration required in Windows Server 2003, NetWare, Apple OSX, and Li/Unix servers. Also, there is a bit of subnetting on the exam too.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • COglesby31174COglesby31174 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.. I don't want to waste my money but I was disappointed in the difficulty of the A+ exam and thought Net+ would also be that way since it's an entry level cert. I'll study more in the areas I am weak in and let you guys know how it went.

I have this book 51Ek1ZJC39L._AA240_.jpg

And this book zen_net_support.jpg

I also have a vhd of 2003 to play with so I should have enough resources to use.
    I decided to take the test today and I passed(632). I wouldn't have done it this way but I'm on a tight schedule since I'm relocating soon.
  • alriv25alriv25 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. Did you feel like a lot of it was basic for you, or was it more of a "by the skin of your teeth" feeling? It's always good to gauge yourself, especially if you're looking to move into the vendor-specific certs like CCNA/CCNP and MCSA/MCSE. Good luck with the move, as well as with your future exams.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Many of the questions I knew the answer right off, so it was more of an excited feeling than anything when I got to the questionaire. I only scored 632 so you can see there were a few rough patches that if I had more time to study, it wouldn't have cost me a good score.

All and all I think I need to continue studying the objectives so to feel totally comfortable before going on to other certs.
  • osobadlyosobadly Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planing to sit the net+ exam in a few weeks...i am studying from TESTOUT...CBT NUGGET...OREILLY..and the newly found technotes...will these be able to give me a good prep..for the exam...i hope they do.
  • denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□