Help !!!!! Can not save Cisco 2503 config

bdricha7bdricha7 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently purchased 2-Cisco 2503 routers to use as a CCNA lab. One came with the generic Cisco settings and the other came password protected. Thankfully I figured out how to reset the password.

Here is my problem. I've tried to change things on both routers: hostname, enable secret, IP address etc. When I try to save the settings "copy run start" after a few seconds I get [OK]. I would assume this means that everything saved correctly. If I power cycle the router, (turn off then come back later and turn on) I get the same question do you want to go through the intial set up[yes]. Obviously, its not saving my settings, but I'm not getting any errors. Do you have any idea what might be happening.

Let me say that I am new to router use, so any help would be greatly appreciated. If you want a screen shot I can post one.

Thanks
Bobby

Comments

• georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    bdricha7 wrote:
    I recently purchased 2-Cisco 2503 routers to use as a CCNA lab. One came with the generic Cisco settings and the other came password protected. Thankfully I figured out how to reset the password.

Do you remember what you did in order to reset the password? You changed the configuration register from 0x2102 to 0x2142 and told the router to ignore the startup configuration. You may want to tell the router to stop doing that by changing the configuration register back to 0x2102.

George
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    ya just do a config-reg 0x2102 in global config mode
    i herd u leik mudkips lol