The dreaded day has cometh

sm45350sm45350 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well ,here goes folks , 70-291 V's Me tomorrow @ 10am.

Been training on and off for about four months, so hopefully , I've "soaked" up enough knowledge for this one, I'll post how I got on tomorrow.
sm45350

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • madcapmadcap Inactive Imported Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kill the beast!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Best of luck -- let us know how it went!
  • wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pull out all you can and kill it!!!!!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!
  • sm45350sm45350 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Failed , but not in the area's I thought,

RRAS, fine
    DHCP, fine
    IPsec,fine
    Infrastructure,fine

DNS,,, not fine ( and I thought I had nailed it !!! )

Well , back to the books and schedule a re-sit next week if there's time slot's in Edinburgh.
    sm45350

BAM!!!!

The 291 attacks you!

Sorry I know the feeling!!!!!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Sorry to hear about the fail icon_confused.gif

What score did you end up with? Hopefully you can brush up on DNS and go and kill the beast soon!
    I managed a 591, and have just managed to re-schedule a re-take of this "Beast" on the 6th Oct as there aren't any available slots before then, ahh well suppose it gives me more time to "clean up " on DNS,DNS,DNS,DNS,dns,dns,dns etc,etc

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    sm45350

This is just food for thought, and in no way meant to be critical. Depending on how much experience you have, studying "off and on" for about 4 months for this particular exam is usually not sufficient, and with a score of 591 you can't really say you were "close". I hope you don't regret scheduling it again so soon. Did you say you are retaking it on the 6th? Wait, that's today, gadzooks! icon_eek.gif

I hope you manage to pass, but if not post back and let us know your study methods, resourses and experience. We might be able to come up with a few suggestions to help. If you do pass, we'll be happy to hear how you did and offer our congratulations. Once again, good luck! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
    My mistake it's the 6th Nov not October, and yes I agree that the part time studying hasn't helped , but with my current work ( History below ) load this year it's been hard going and now my family's going to expand in the next month I suppose I've been rather pre-occupied.
    Anyway whining apart I am going to study DNS solid for the next month !!!! ( in between nappies )

Currently working as a Analyst for a large energy provider and have been for the past eight years, however most of the "server" work has always been maintained by a "server" team in another part of the country !
    In this year I have been re-located to work for another company although I am still employed by my current company who cross-charge for my services to the other company.
    I am sorry if I am being vague about the two companies but there are a lot of "red-tape" issues coming up soon and I am not allowed to mention anything, to anyone.
    sm45350

Don't just focus on DNS... make sure you cover your other areas still..... otherwise you may king hit DNS but then fail in other areas that you failed to pay attention to even though you aced them last time :D

Good luck!!!!! I'll be hitting CCNA on the 5th of Nov so hopefully we can make it a successful week of passes!!! :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
    Good Luck on the CCNA , A.P.A

Hopefuly we will both pass that week !!!

Yes, I'll still be "reading up" on the rest but I really need to nail DNS this time, it just goes to show you that even though you think you know enough this exam crops up and show's you that you don't.
    sm45350