Options

Advice on practice exams

TimreddTimredd Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D:D
icon_confused.gif:
Hi Everybody,

I am gonna take Network+ in early December, I am furiously studying the great technotes from this site as well as a Meyers book and other resources, also trying to get as much practical experience as I can, about a month out of taking the the exam I wanna invest in some practice exams,as well as doing all the free online ones, my question is :

What do you guys, who have done the exams recently, think are the best exams to practice with ? I'm thinking maybe Transcender or Preplogic ?

Any advice or helpful information would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

icon_confused.gif
A+ 2007 Network+ 2007

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only practice exams I have used are Transcenders and the free PrepLogic ones that come with Exam Cram. I did not use a practice exam for the Net+, though. In general I have found that Transcenders are the better (and more expensive) of the two. That is based on the Sec+ I took in mid 2006 and the MS 70-292 I took earlier this year (the only 2 times I have used Transcenders).

On past exams several years ago when I used the Prep Logic, I found that they did test my knowledge and help in the study process, but they did not reflect the type of questions or format of the real exams. The reason I like Transcenders is because they help you get used to the testing format used, so you don't freak out when the controls, layout and overall "feel" of the real exam is unfamiliar.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    When I was studying for the Net+ without having previous hands-on experience with networking, all I used to study was the TestOut software. The person who lectures for the TestOut Network+ is my favorite of the exams I've studied for using TestOut - much more animated than others and explains the concepts very well.

Checking in on it though, it looks like TestOut may be a little expensive; the only price I'm seeing on their website is ~$500, but I got it for much less than that through a school vendor. The other potential downside is that the software license you buy from TestOut is only valid for one year, so you'll have to be planning on taking it in under a year.

One great free way to study: After you have been studying your regular material for a while, download the objectives from the CompTIA website, print them out, and circle everything you aren't sure about. Make notes to yourself in the margins. Then, use search engines to find as much information as you can on them (as well as reviewing those specific modules in your regular training software). Wikipedia.com is usually a good source for finding information (of course, you should never make it your only source). My objectives looked like a football plan when I was studying for the new A+, but I knew exactly what I had to study, and I ended up passing with flying colors. Highly recommend it.

Good luck, let us know how you do.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Have you reviewed/downloaded the NET+ PDF here?:

http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    TimreddTimredd Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Have you reviewed/downloaded the NET+ PDF here?:

http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php

Yeah man, they're great, studying 'em hard
    A+ 2007 Network+ 2007
  • Options
    redgrenredgren Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I took the exam I used the Myers book and the technotes from this site. When it came time to take the test, I bought a voucher from Mike Myers site and it included 10 practice and 10 final tests. Each one was around 70 questions if I remember right. The nice thing was, I got the voucher and the practice tests for less than if I had just gone to the testing site and registered for the exam.