Options

Just wondering...never mind I'm done

wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am just curious, how hard is the practice test on this site to the actual exam? I might take a short detour for the heck of it.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    If you've prep'd for the NET+ the iNET+ is a short trip sideways.

I didn't find it difficult to prep for though that was several years ago. I think you'll find it pretty straight-forward particularly if you are familiar and use the technology.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Was just wondering. I took the practice test and just ran through the practice test real fast and got an 85% (If I would of took a bit more time I should have got another one of those right). I was just thinking that you need a 655 to pass and that wasn't a bad score for the first time trying to take it. So was wondering if it is about inline with the actual test as far as difficulty. I might study up a few days and go ahead with this test and then continue my 70-291 to finish my MCSA. Please let me know what you think.

Well I took transcender practice test from work and was scored 86 on there so I figure I might as well just give it a try (I know this is kinda rushed but I feel I have a good understanding of the topics).
  • Options
    LiatiLiati Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the test not too long ago... I felt it was easy, if you are prepared. If you feel confident, then go for it! But it is something like $230 so it is worth it to make sure you're ready. Make sure you know a little about how meta tags work.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I have no way to measure what I say is easy to what another person may find easy. Because iNET+ was dealing with material I was working with and because I had just prepped for NET+...it was 'easy' for me to take it several years ago.

Back when I took those exams there either were not websites developed or I never bothered to investigate certification prep sites (because I grew up during a time when you prepped for exams by reading books, research etc.. Today, that process now involves good website, but I'm just giving you a bit of history for me on this matter), so I took the exam by using 1 iNET+ book by Sybex and all my NET+ books. I didn't have a copy of the objectives, so merely followed what was outlined in the book (and I believe it did contain basic copy of the objetive...just never went to CompTIA to verify.).

I'm not a big fan of practice exams and if I do recommend using them it's at the beginning to assess one's understanding of the topic and maybe once at the end to evaluate progress.

So the long of it...you may be ready. You may not. Review the objectives and if you are confident, go ahead and register. If you'd like to take an extra week or two to prep now is your chance. You'll likely do fine, but stacking the odds in your favor (a little extra review) won't hurt.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I appreciate the replies I got to this subject and I just got done with the test. I didn't do that bad with a 855. Most of the stuff it covers I have worked with or already had a good understanding of. Only areas that really got me had to do with business, images, and databases. Now back to working on 70-291.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Just keep in mind, if you're going to do it, do it soon....Inet+ is to be retired at the end of 2007.

http://certification.comptia.org/inet/faqs.aspx
    i remain, he who remains to be....