Security+

SniperHunterSniperHunter Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Taking the Security + within the week, I already have taken a class on it and have a good backround on the subject. For people who have passed the Security+ any advice or tips to offer? Ive been using Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals by Cisco Learning Institutite to study, found some free online cbt's and have beee aceing them. I am a tad worried because of the pass rate you need a 762 I believe, and I dont want to be over confident and end up failing by 1 or 2 questions ;) Any good sites that have an extensive overview of the security + exam objectives that would be good to know?

-Anthony
"You know what they say, Microsoft could sell sand in the desert, but Novell couldn't sell crack in Harlem"

Comments

• pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Dont be surprised when you see the wording.. That is all i can say..
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    Know your ports, especially the ones normally used for security, ssh/ssl/RADIUS/etc.... If you 'ace' the port test here you should be fine, but I'd make sure you get 100%, before attempting... it might just be the 1 or 2 questions icon_wink.gif

Although I haven't seen others mention it, I got 'IPSec'-ed to death on my test, and luckily I spent extra time it and the whole tunneling/VPN objectives.

Best of luck,
    //Rcoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+
  • SniperHunterSniperHunter Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I want to take the cert tommorow, but im a little unsure of myself.. Ive scored well on both exams from this site, I went to boson.com and various other exam sites and downloaded trial questions, which I do well on. I have a copy of *dare I say it * { SNIP } and I aced it.. but with alot of people failing or retaking it, im not sure if im ready.. Anything else I should take or study to actually see if I would do well?

-Anthony
    Edited by Russ
    "You know what they say, Microsoft could sell sand in the desert, but Novell couldn't sell crack in Harlem"
    It is not appropriate to mention a braindump site. Techexams does strive to be a site not associated with braindumps. I am sure if you do a search in google you can find many other sites that do allow mention of such things.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Anthony:....or better yet; stay clean and forget about those "sites" that thrive on ****. You should study using prep exams like Trancender, ExamFore, Boson, etc etc.

Ben Ice has a section in CertTimes where he mentiones "clean" sites; I think he should add another column that lists "clean" prep-exam companies.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • SniperHunterSniperHunter Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I see your point, but to be honest I never thought of what I mentioned earlier was a brain **** site.. I always figured if you know the material and want to get an idea of how the format of the questions are, it would give you a good understanding. I guess I was wrong, never really used these type of prep-exams so wasnt sure.. Boson is very good and I will be purchasing their products from now on

-Anthony
    It is better if you know the material and get something that tests you on your knowledge with Questions that are similiar but not exactly like the questions on the tests. Unfortunatly when people buy these braindumps their industry continues to thrive.. If their industry continues to thrive, we get people who memorize the answer to the test and walk in and out in under 15 minutes. Get an mcse in 1 month and devalue our certifications.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    No prob dude. It's just that we're extra "uneasy" about braindumpz down here.... icon_lol.gif

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • CertTimesEditorCertTimesEditor Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anthony:....or better yet; stay clean and forget about those "sites" that thrive on ****. You should study using prep exams like Trancender, ExamFore, Boson, etc etc.

Ben Ice has a section in CertTimes where he mentiones "clean" sites; I think he should add another column that lists "clean" prep-exam companies.

2lbs.

Quite an interesting concept. Here is the rub. Since my day job is working for a "clean" test prep company, I would always have that thrown in my face if I didn't include someone.

Forget about the lawsuits that would ensue if I posted one of the "unclean"!

Ben
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome Ben - always great to hear things right from the horses mouth (so to speak) :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    My best friends brother is a Network Administrator for Dicks Sporting Goods and he said thats an amazing cert to get because its highley respected. Well good luck on your test!