Passed today

Hello everybody
I passed 70-293 today with a score of 890. I was hit very heavily on all things PKI and CA's. Quite a bit of IPSEC, Clusters and NLB also. I was surprised to get only one dns related question. A couple of GPO and AD sites questions and 2 ISA (?) questions.
4 sims, 1 clusters, 1 nlb, 1 ca, and 1 gpo.

Things I used to prepare :
Techexams (of course !)
MsPress book
Syngress book + DVD
ExamCram book + Test exams
SelfTest practice exam

Thanks to everyone !
PS if you plan to take this one, you NEED to lab a PKI infrastructure and NLB and clusters. Just reading about it wont cut it of you get as much questions (and sims) on those as i did.

Ty !
Doom969
MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
CompTIA : A+

Comments

• jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1st of all congratulations, that is such an awesome score, for your 1st attempt.

I bought 4 external scsi hard drive, so I can configure cluster quorum/shared resource disk, so on the clustering did they ask about heartbeat latency questions as well?
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Thanks !
    Well I dont know how much I can really say with the NDA.
    I cant go into specifics, but I did have Questions on heartbeat traffic.
    So you should know about securing heartbeat traffic...

Sorry I cant help more....
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
    doom969 wrote:
    Thanks !
    Well I dont know how much I can really say with the NDA.
    I cant go into specifics, but I did have Questions on heartbeat traffic.
    So you should know about securing heartbeat traffic...

Sorry I cant help more....

This works very well, now I should make that I should go in depth with my heartbeat configurations period. :P thanks icon_idea.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats, youre on a tear!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
    awesome score.

Right now I'm going through Syngress Book, CBT Nuggets, and MCSE Core Exams (O'reilly).
  • dsimons2001dsimons2001 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    doom969 wrote:
    Hello everybody
    I passed 70-293 today with a score of 890. I was hit very heavily on all things PKI and CA's. Quite a bit of IPSEC, Clusters and NLB also. I was surprised to get only one dns related question. A couple of GPO and AD sites questions and 2 ISA (?) questions.
    4 sims, 1 clusters, 1 nlb, 1 ca, and 1 gpo.

Things I used to prepare :
    Techexams (of course !)
    MsPress book
    Syngress book + DVD
    ExamCram book + Test exams
    SelfTest practice exam

Thanks to everyone !
    PS if you plan to take this one, you NEED to lab a PKI infrastructure and NLB and clusters. Just reading about it wont cut it of you get as much questions (and sims) on those as i did.

Ty !

What is the best way to to lab a PKI infrastructure and NLB and clusters? Can I use VMWare to do this? How many machines and/or hard drives will I need? Currently I am studying for this exam using a P4 laptop w/ 1.5 GB of RAM and VMWare Workstation 6 setup with a Team of two DCs.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    I should also mention that my laptop only has a single integrated NIC. I believe that I need at least 2 NICs in order to setup a server cluster or a NLB cluster. Is that correct? If so, can it be done using VMWare? Sorry for the noob question, but I just started getting into the NLB and server cluster chapters of my Syngress book. THANKS.
    Oops. Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Congrats to the OP on the great score!!!
    I should also mention that my laptop only has a single integrated NIC. I believe that I need at least 2 NICs in order to setup a server cluster or a NLB cluster. Is that correct? If so, can it be done using VMWare? Sorry for the noob question, but I just started getting into the NLB and server cluster chapters of my Syngress book. THANKS.

Is this possible? vmware bridged? cluster heartbeat doesn't work with DHCP.

I don't think you can setup up cluster via vmware, it needs 2 NIC 1 private and the other public, private cannot have any other traffic broadcast, must be purely designated listening for the cluster nodes. and as far as I know when you bridge your network you assign it to be a DHCP, I've only use vmware server so far.
    jbaello wrote:

Is this possible? vmware bridged? cluster heartbeat doesn't work with DHCP.

I don't think you can setup up cluster via vmware, it needs 2 NIC 1 private and the other public, private cannot have any other traffic broadcast, must be purely designated listening for the cluster nodes. and as far as I know when you bridge your network you assign it to be a DHCP, I've only use vmware server so far.

I guess I will have to rethink how to do this then. I will have to add a NIC it sounds like. I should also mention that I am not using bridged networking in VMWare, but instead I am using a LAN segment which allows the two DCs to communicate.