CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, 2nd Ed.

jezg76jezg76 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
I preordered this book at the Cisco Press website and it said it was coming out Aug. 30, 2007. I got an e-mail last night saying my order was cancelled.

I then ordered through Amazon and it gave an expected ship date of Nov. 5-9. LOL!

What am I missing? Anyone smarter than I know anything about Cisco Press books and ship dates?
policy-map type inspect TACO
class type inspect BELL
drop log

Comments

• petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    . . . missed release dates happen all the time in the real world. Ever hear of a company called Microsoft? :)

They may also want to wait to release the new material until the 801 deadline has passed. Not entirely fair, but that might be the logic.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • talktoabutalktoabu Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the CCENT book from cisco press, but the practice exams covers the whole CCNA. Though the book is good for beginners.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cisco Press will only "backorder" for 30 days or so. If you order early and then the shipping date slips -- it seems they just automatically cancel rather than keeping the orders open forever or trying to track down people to see if they still want the book.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • DuilasDuilas Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am new here but I just bought the ccent/ccna icnd1 and ccna icnd2 certification library (second edition) from Barnes and Noble. I suggest if there is a Barnes and Noble in your area check because they have exclusive editions and also seem to be full in stock at mine.
    Studying for CCNA