Taking 291 tommorow, any last minute advice -failed -passed

dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
As the title says im taking my first shot at 291 tommorow, does anyone have any last minute advice that might help me get the extra 1-2% that could be vital for a pass?

Comments

• wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Before you do... Sign up for the 2nd Shot Free from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx

Just in case!

Good Luck!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • techleetechlee Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Know RRAS and DNS records. Good Luck
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Good luck, let us know how it went!
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Know wsus and client side of wsus GL!
  • dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    took the exam today - had 43 questions plus 3 sims and scored a miserable 445, the lowest i have ever scored on any MCP exam, going to study hard and rebook for a few weeks
    Sorry to see that you missed it!!!

How did you feel about the sims?
    wpiersall wrote:
    Sorry to see that you missed it!!!

How did you feel about the sims?

As i said previously i had 3 sims, which were'nt too bad, 2 out of the 3 i felt were relativly easy and i hope i scored well on them, it was just one sim that caused me problems and i know that i didnt do well at that one.

In the exam i had alot of WSUS questions, recommend that you revise and are used to using this before sitting the exam
  • TRIGG3RTRIGG3R Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dave_ne1 wrote:
    As i said previously i had 3 sims, which were'nt too bad, 2 out of the 3 i felt were relativly easy and i hope i scored well on them, it was just one sim that caused me problems and i know that i didnt do well at that one.

In the exam i had alot of WSUS questions, recommend that you revise and are used to using this before sitting the exam

Hi, pretty new to the forum, any tips on this exam (sitting it on Tuesday), what topics you would recomend to specifically brush up on before the exam?

So the simulators where easy?

Sorry to hear you missed it, when are you rebooking?

Thanks

Michael

----

RHCT, CCNA, MCP 290
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TRIGG3R wrote:
    dave_ne1 wrote:

Hi, pretty new to the forum, any tips on this exam (sitting it on Tuesday), what topics you would recomend to specifically brush up on before the exam?

So the simulators where easy?

Sorry to hear you missed it, when are you rebooking?

Thanks

Michael

----

RHCT, CCNA, MCP 290

The simulation is tricky, making sure that your answers to your simulations is step by step, will prompt other functions in the simulation to work, make sure to read the simulation carefuly and disect what it wants, since this simulation is a bit tricky.

For example, you won't be able to connect to a different DNS server, until your able to create the child delegation first.

Hopwfuly I'm not violating any rules here, otherwise please let me know so I can remove this.

Goodluck.
    took a second shot at this exam today and passed with 820, had 46 questions including 3 sims, after evaluating where i thought i went wrong last week and using the MS Press book i felt alot more confident and comfortable and i passed :D
  • TRIGG3RTRIGG3R Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

Whats next for you then?
    Congrats!!!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    excellent and congrats!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security