70-431 Simulation Practice

DaemonionDaemonion Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Is there anyway I can work with an install of SQL 2005, like a trial version or something, so I can make sure I'm good to go on the simulations?

Does anyone know of any good .pdfs with walk-throughs?

A friend recommended ****.com, and I checked out their .pdfs, but they only had a few scenarios and one of their answers was actually wrong ....

I appreciate the help!

EDIT: Just found the resources sticky - I think that will help!

Comments

• sinistamunkeysinistamunkey Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You've probably found it already, but the Microsoft Press book comes with a 180day eval of SQL Enterprise and contains a fair amount of things to try in that environment :)

Another book I've found very useful is the Exam Cram 70-431 book... certainly helps a lot more with the XML Datatype than the MS Press one.
    Just because you can... doesn't mean you should.

Next: 70-536 and then THE WORLD!
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just to add what sinistamunkey said, you definitely want a copy of Enterprise Edition, and not just the free Express edition (Express edition lacks quite a few features you need to know for the exam). How have you been studying for this exam up to this point? I have been using SQL Server in great detail throughout my studies, and can't imagine reading about any of these topics without getting my hands dirty in the process.

And the fact that you actually checked out a braindump concerns me...especially since you are aware that it is blatantly cheating.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • EJizzelEJizzel Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recently downloaded a evaluation version from MS. You might wanna try that, i have it running on a evaluation version of Server 2003 as well :D.
    At first I thought you were referencing Express edition, which has too many features stripped down to have any real value for the exam. However, to my surprise, there is a 180-day evaluation copy you can download: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/bb738031.aspx
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes,

You can do MS virtual labs here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/bb499681.aspx
    They are simulated computers and you actually work with SQL 2005 in a virtual lab environment.
    Nice...I forgot about these virtual labs. Will definitely use the ones on Service Broker and XML Capabilities. Thank you!