jus passeed ccna

kirkir Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
was my firsto time do a ccna and passed wiredly 987
so whats next and thanks to all in techexams. big up

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    so whats next

I don't know... You tell us! What kind of work do you do?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • kirkir Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i don work
    i did A+ advanced to N+ finally ccna which i got 987
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well you should probably find a job before you go after anymore certifications. Certifications should compliment your experience. Since you don't have experience you don't really have a need for anything beyond the certifications you have now.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Well you should probably find a job before you go after anymore certifications. Certifications should compliment your experience. Since you don't have experience you don't really have a need for anything beyond the certifications you have now.

Exactly.

Congrats by the way :)

-ken
  • LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kir wrote:
    i don work

im about to finally do my N+, however i am constantly discouraged on not doing it by coworkers because "you are not entry level IT". And they always push CCNA on me. Is Net+ that much of a waste of time? I mean, they tell me I could do the Net+ but it wont be looked as something that amounts to anything. this is coming from a guy whos been doing IT for 20years and has just about all you can get, including the intro IT certs.
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Kir! Just keep doing what you're doing and you will get a job eventually.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lamini wrote:
    kir wrote:
    i don work

im about to finally do my N+, however i am constantly discouraged on not doing it by coworkers because "you are not entry level IT". And they always push CCNA on me. Is Net+ that much of a waste of time? I mean, they tell me I could do the Net+ but it wont be looked as something that amounts to anything. this is coming from a guy whos been doing IT for 20years and has just about all you can get, including the intro IT certs.

I don't have N+ and won't get it because I feel there are better certs to get. Even though I really think I could study and pass it in a week.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Chris KnightChris Knight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lamini wrote:
    kir wrote:
    i don work

To be quite honest, I went the route of taking my Net + before the CCNA. It just helps out alot with the basic concepts, i.e the OSI layer model, subnetting ,etc. All this they will teach in the CCNA but I think it helps to be somewhat caught up to speed.

And dont worry what co-workers think. Work at your pace and your own speed.

And when does having an extra certification hurt you? Right NEVER!
    "Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
    Chris Knight
    Real Genius