Options

MS Press second edition book

suren327suren327 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey everyone,
i was just wondering if any one used the new second edition ms press book yet and attempted the exam?? and also what do you all think of it compared to the first edition..i checked it on amazon and some how its cheaper than the 1st edtion one.

Comments

• Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    I've used the 1st edition book, and attempted the exam and failed.

I'm now using the 2nd edition book, and will hopefully be attempting the exam again within the next month or so. I feel that the 2nd edition is better than the first.

If you have the choice between 1st and 2nd edition - I would always pick the latest (in this case the 2nd edition), as it would include revisions for typo's and incorrect information.
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    I've used the 2nd edition and it was all good.
    Most notable difference I think,

Its updated to Wsus, the 1st edition was sus only.
    (Wich is a good thing since the exam will test you on wsus, not sus).
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    suren327suren327 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    but how come the second edition is cheaper? or am i looking at the wrong book...
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    I'm unable to quickly find the first edition, but on Amazon the second edition is $37. The first edition is probably higher priced since they are no longer producing copies of it (since the second edition is out). Simple supply and demand; there is a lower supply of the first edition, so a higher price results.