Taking my Security+ today

jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm taking my Security+ at 4:30 today, wish me luck!! Any last minute pointers?
"Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    relax and trust your knowledge, best of luck :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Read the questions through completely. Review the choices before deciding on an answer. There are no trick questions but CompTIA looks for the MOST correct answer. Take your time and review the test and your answers with remaining available time.

Be careful about changing answers that you might not be completely positive about. Often times, the first choice is correct.

Best of luck. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks guys!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You've studied hard, and at this point, you either know the concepts or you don't. As mentioned, try to review a little bit, but don't stress out and try to cram. Remember, it's just a test. Good luck, and let us know how it went.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • floridabadgyrlfloridabadgyrl Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, you will be fine, I took it on friday, to be honest, it all depends on the person, and knowing the information. I got a 869, and it took me less than an hour. I studied for 2 and a half weeks, and went for it. I thought this test would beat me up, but it did me better than Network + did. Just stay focused. Read each question carefully, and eliminate whats not right, and you will come up on the answer. :D
    Thanks everyone!
    I passed. It took me about a half hour. I didn't score as high as I wanted, but a pass is a pass. Thanks for your support! I received an 803.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congratulations! CompTIA tends to be "either you know it, or you don't", I had a pretty quick test experience as well. What's next on the cert hit-list for you?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Thanks. I'm going to start working on my MCSE. 293, 294, and 298 and that should give me my MCSE. I've taken the 270,290,291, and Security+ now.
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Congrats Jimmy!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    thanks guys!
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    congrats

any tips ?? I know Microsoft for example hammers permissions on there 270 and 290 exams as well as back up strategies

does comptia do anything similar on the sec + or are they more evenly weighted
    just study. i read two books and did transcender
    Smallguy wrote:
    congrats

any tips ?? I know Microsoft for example hammers permissions on there 270 and 290 exams as well as back up strategies

does comptia do anything similar on the sec + or are they more evenly weighted

I'd think they were more evenly waited. I didn't get much as far as permissions. I might have gotten one question on that. Know your encryption standards, PKI, policies, and threats.