where can I download Sony camera picture browser?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
I have a DSC-650 camera and the software CD has been damaged. I went to Sony's site and the clowns want me to order the CD and pay for it!

The software is Picture Motion Browser. Any ideas?

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    binarysoul wrote:
    I have a DSC-650 camera and the software CD has been damaged. I went to Sony's site and the clowns want me to order the CD and pay for it!

The software is Picture Motion Browser. Any ideas?

Why not simply order it? Or call tech support and plead your case to them?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    The software must be available somwhere on the net.

No thanks to Sony as ordering software is a norm of 1960s !

I won't buy any Sony product anymore as this company lives in the 60's.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

As far as i am aware, these cameras can be browsed to in "My Computer", it shows up as a drive icon.

Then simply download Google Picasa, ive seen quite a few programs that sort and arrange your pics but Picasa is by far the most aesthetic of them all, and its totally FREE!!

Can you give it a go and tell me if it souts your needs

Lee H
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    I never use the software that comes with the camera. Its just one more application starting at boot and taking resources. I just browse to it through my computer and change the view to "thumbnails"
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I never use the software that comes with the camera. Its just one more application starting at boot and taking resources. I just browse to it through my computer and change the view to "thumbnails"

I don't use the software either.

So, I'm not sure what features you think may only be there and can/or cannot live with.

I pop my card out of my camera and read in through an all-in-one card reader drive. Open the folder and copy it or move it to where I want. I edit my photos with PhotoShop or GIMP depending on if I'm using my PC or my MAC.

What is it you want from the software that want it? (not saying it's wrong to want it, but I don't install the scanner software nonsense (when I can avoid it) and I won't install camera software (and when you have a couple brands of cameras...the programs can become hoggish. SO I just maintain control of putting the files where I chose.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?