CCNP Decisions

PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
I have yet to start my CCNP track, but plan to in the coming months.. I have 2 vouchers I can use toward selftest practice tests that expire Nov 5. My question is, what 2 tests of the CCNP should i use them for? The BSCI looks like mostly hands-on knowledge and some reading to fill in the gaps and the BCMSN seems a lot of theoretical stuff too.

ONT and ISCW also seem pretty theoretical, but BSCI def seems like its got the most hands on.

ideas?
CCIE - COMPLETED!

Comments

• NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would do BCMSN and BSCI as a reconosaince mission. I think those two tests are a majority of the NP bulk. I could be wrong on that though as I havent taken any of the NP tests. That is a TON of material to reflect on if you have to take both by Nov.6th. Good luck.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    oh i don't have to TAKE the tests by Nov 5, i have to just choose what selftest to download by then (thats when THOSE vouchers expire)

again the vouchers were for the software

i anticipate within about 3 months ill start my NP track and wont finish it prob another 8-12 months from now (granted i do it the way it should be done) itll prob be longer because of life though
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • DSPDSP Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am not really sure what you are asking, but here are some comments about the CCNP. BSCI and BCMSN are the two toughest test for CCNP. There is a ton of in depth content. I would highly recommend doing these first, because it is downhill after that. ICSW and ONT are both fairly easy. They are newer test, so the content isn't as developed. I haven't seen the practice test, so if you are asking which ones are the best......I can't help you.

Good Luck!

Mike
    Mike
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Plazma wrote:
    oh i don't have to TAKE the tests by Nov 5, i have to just choose what selftest to download by then (thats when THOSE vouchers expire)

again the vouchers were for the software

i anticipate within about 3 months ill start my NP track and wont finish it prob another 8-12 months from now (granted i do it the way it should be done) itll prob be longer because of life though

aaahh now thats a horse of a different color. I thought they were vouchers for the actual exam. Nevertheless, i would still use them for the 2 big tests aforementioned.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    will do

thanks
    CCIE - COMPLETED!