Options

So are these on the test?

CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
Are there questions on how to use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer on the test? I am going over example questions that I have not seen before and they are dominating me since I have not studied this at all... It is getting really annoying too ;)

Also, how granular should my knowledge of each security template be? I have gone over the overviews in the book and watched cbtnuggets but I really dont know how thorough I should understand them, not a matter of not wanting to know them but there is SOOO much stuff that could potentially be involved in this test that my ability to retain all this may not be as sweet as I would hope.
MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |

Comments

• Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    I have not seen anything reference MBSA in my studies. Just curious what example questions/exams you are going over that contain the MBSA references?
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think the main security related topics you'll see in 70-291 are more along the lines of IPSec, WSUS and security templates. I don't recall hearing anything about the MBSA on 291. I think that's a topic for 70-299.

Oh, and regarding the templates, you should obviously know what the purpose of each one is, and memorize the names because they'll make up ones that don't exist but sound right to try and fool you. Know what NTLM levels are associated with each template, and which ones use SMB signing "always" vs. "when possible".
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    Thanks for the pointers fellows, I am using Transcenders and was hit with like 10 in a row and I was about to pull my hair out ;) I know the templates in general but your advice is well received. Thanks very much fellows.
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your welcome, and best luck to you. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.