Hands-On Question

Kcolon1Kcolon1 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, I posted earlier about how I'm cramming all the 640-801 knowledge before I take my test and I wanted to know something:

I remember commands by constantly punching them in, in scenario's provided by the Sybex Todd Lammle 640-801 Study Guide. Now I would like to know if this should be enough. there are examples and labs on how to configure RIP, OSPF, EIGRP and IGRP. There are also labs that Configure Routers and switches as well is VLANs, VTP(i think), ACLs and other areas. Does anyone recommend any other source of labs? Or simulators? Much appreciated! 7 days left!

Comments

• NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would recommend Dynamips as a first choice and Boson as a very distant second. Do you practice on real gear since you don't have any simulation software? If you have 7 days left and you are just now getting hands on exposure, then you might be in for a rough ride.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    #1 choice - real gear (for ccna 801 its pretty cheap , 2 2501's and 2 2950's)

#2 dynamips/dynagen or GNS3 rock - for this route i woudl suggest getting at least 2 switches though.

Simulators = death
    CCIE - COMPLETED!