Any suggestions on a site that hosts media chat and forums?

michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
Hey guys,

First off let me say that I know absolutely nothing about websites, except how to click on them. LOL with that said, My church wants to do streaming media, message boards and chat. Their budget isn't big enough to keep everything in house, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that could host all of this for us? I would need 24x7 support and I would just link from the host site to our site (www.tpcbc.org) As far as the media, right now it's some audio and mostly video. In the future we would like to do live streaming media, but for now if uploading is not an option we would not mind mailing the media to the company to host for us.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Comments

• michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    I just need to find someone that can host message boards and streaming media for them
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depending on the bandwidth used, streaming media can be expensive. You can check any of the popular hosting service companies, like 1and1.com, for packages that meet your needs. You can copy a site you currently host to their servers. Most hosting service companies will offer things like hosting your site, FTP accounts for administration (like uploading content), tools for creating mailing lists, tools for creating and maintaining e-commerce stuff like databases and order forms, multiple email accounts, etc.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    www.bluehost.com is cheap and lets you setup dozens of webapps like forums, shopping carts, etc. at the click of a button (though I found them to be a tad slow at times). I'm not sure about the streaming media though. Why don't you just upload the clips to youtube or something and embed them? Bandwidth costs can get really expensive for something like that.